Use of form without cookies possible?

ax axlrichter1 07 Jan, 2020
Hi all,
sometimes users complains about not working forms. I figured out they have cookies disabled. Is there a way to have a form working without setting cookies?
Otherwise I have to display a hint that cookies must be allowed.
​
Thanks a lot,
Axel.
Gr GreyHead 08 Jan, 2020
Hi Axel.
​
I don't think that ChronoForms uses cookies. How do the forms fail to work?
​
Bob
ax axlrichter1 08 Jan, 2020
Hi Bob,
​
thanks for replying! You may try it here when you decline the cookies at page entry:
https://www.tscdelphin-kirchseeon.de/index.php/kindertauchen/69-anmeldung-zu-schnorchelkurs-und-ktsa
The page is just reloaded and the values are still in there. I can see the POST request in the log
​
62.153.76.154 - - [08/Jan/2020:13:41:35 +0100] "POST /index.php/kindertauchen/69-anmeldung-zu-schnorchelkurs-und-ktsa?chronoform=schnorchelkursanmeldung2020&event=submit HTTP/2.0" 200 28455 "https://tscdelphin-kirchseeon.de/index.php/kindertauchen/69-anmeldung-zu-schnorchelkurs-und-ktsa?chronoform=schnorchelkursanmeldung2020&event=submit" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/18.17763" 1741 28911

- but the action defined in the form after "submit" is not executed. I look for the reason, how to debug it and hopefully find a solution.
​
Thanks again,
Axel.
ax axlrichter1 09 Jan, 2020
Hi all,
​
I made a little progress with a workaround:
​
Disabling "Follow pages order" and "Multi page form" worked, but gave empty results:
  1. the record written to the database contains NULL values
  2. the EMail using {AUTO_FIELDS} was empty.
Then I wrote "{data:}" as the Data provider for the "save data" action. That gave me back the record data.
In the E-Mail I had to use the fields explicitely, i.e. {data:surname} to get it correctly.
​
I hope this will help to point to the right direction…
​
BTW: where is the option "relative URL" gone in 6.1.4?
​
Best Regards,
Axel.
Gr GreyHead 11 Jan, 2020
Hi Axel,
​
I think that CFv6 defaults to Relative URL but you can over-ride that in the Display Form action settings.
​
Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.