How save custom fields in joomla user with override

gi giorgio.franchi 04 Sep, 2019
Hi,
I created a registration form with multiple field (name, username, city, email, telephone, ecc.)
I try to save a custom field (citta) in joomla user with override but without result. The field citta remains empty
- I create a new field in "users->add field" (photo 1)
- in "Save user-> data override" i put "field_3:{data:citta}" (photo 2)
- in "save data" i create data override "value" and "field_id" (photo2)
I also attach the photo 3 with "area fields label: città"

I searched for different solutions on the forum but none was useful. you can help me?
(CF6)

https://ibb.co/93pZGD3 photo 1
https://ibb.co/Fq1xmqn photo 2
https://ibb.co/rZNh1jQ photo 3

Regars,
Giorgio

he healyhatman 04 Sep, 2019
Don't save random new fields to the users table. Use the "custom fields" action, after creating a new custom field in Joomla.
gi giorgio.franchi 05 Sep, 2019
I try to put the data in "custom filed" action but I don't have results.
I’m at the beginning, can you explain it better please?
​
(Custom fields) https://ibb.co/F4R18Rd
​
Thanks for your help
he healyhatman 05 Sep, 2019
1 Likes
customfieldname:{data:formfieldname}
​
And make sure you've created the custom field first. Google Joomla Custom User Fields
gi giorgio.franchi 05 Sep, 2019
There is something wrong..
I create custom user fields as you can see from the images I uploaded yesterday to you.
The name of new custom field is "citta"; type:text; ID:3
In form design the name of the field are: "citta"
In setup of form I put in "save custom fields" this:
Item id provider: 3
Fields:value list (customfieldname:{data:formfieldname}): citta:{data:citta}

it's correct?

In setup setting, do i have to enter other data? for example.. in "save user" or in "save data"?

Thank you
he healyhatman 05 Sep, 2019
You didn't literally write (customfieldname:{data:formfieldname}): citta:{data:citta} did you? Just use
​
citta:{data:citta}
And the item ID provider should be {user:id} not 3
gi giorgio.franchi 05 Sep, 2019
I try with
Item ID provider: {user:id}
fields: citta:{data:citta}
​
but in fields "citta" in table joomla "name_users" I don't see anything yet.
​
In the setup form i put "save custom field" after "save user" is correct?
The Joomla custom user field must have any particular settings?
​
Thank you
he healyhatman 05 Sep, 2019
2 Likes
If you're saving a new user, then you would need to instead of {user:id} use {var:joomla_user#.id} replacing the # with the number in the black label of your save user action.
gi giorgio.franchi 06 Sep, 2019
Hi,
I try but the result is the same.
The black label of my save user is: joomla_user3
​
item ID provider: {var:joomla_user3.id}
fields value list: citta:{data:citta}
​
I try I tried to fill out the registration form but I don't see anything in label "citta" in table joomla users.
​
if this data is correct, where could the error be?
​
I only see these compiled fields name, username, password, email.
​
​
Thanks for you patience
he healyhatman 06 Sep, 2019
It doesn't go in the Joomla users table buddy it goes in fields_values
he healyhatman 10 Sep, 2019
No, you just think you do. Don't add columns to core Joomla tables.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.