Build A Search Textbox Which Then Produces a Directory Listing

ha hangbill 30 Jul, 2019
Joomla 3.9.10
Not sure if this is a Form or Connectivity project, or combination.
​
Want a textbox, or two, that searches 2 related tables. If the searchbox has no value then no records are returned, ie the page shows only the search textbox.
The searchbox will search all records but only in 2 fields. If it finds a match, then those 2 field values plus other fields will be returned.
EG, search the name and company fields and if a match is found then return a table list with names, company, title, phone , ext.
​
This what I currently have and want the listing to be invisible until the search term calls the record or records
https://snag.gy/r9awBJ.jpg
​
Thanks
he healyhatman 31 Jul, 2019
In the read data action there's a dropdown on the right of each where condition, you can set it to "stop" if the condition isn't found.
​
Then you can check if read data is empty, and if it's not display the table.
​
Couple of other ways you could do it but I'm super busy right now and that's the fastest.
ha hangbill 31 Jul, 2019
Thanks Healyhatman
​
So I think I should write the visibility rule in the rules list in read data.
But don't know the syntax.
​
Something like
if notisnull{var:member_data} then {var:member_list.visibility = true}
​
"member_list" is the view that gets data from the read data action "member_data"

Where can I get rules syntax? Is it php?
Thanks
he healyhatman 31 Jul, 2019
None of what you said sounds right sorry you might need to have a look at some of the demo connections
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.