I'm Confused about ReCaptcha Setup

ba baxterdown 29 Jul, 2019
Hello everyone,
​
With CFv5 there were three steps to using Google ReCaptcha:
1. Add ReC to the form design
2. Add a Load ReC to the form onLoad setup and add the site key in there
3. Add a Check RdC to the form onSubmit setup and add the secret key in there
​
With CFv6 the manual and the way the form is functioning seem to contradict each other. So I need clarification.
​
When I add GoogleRecaptcha to the Load Views tab, the field asks me to enter BOTH the site key and the secret key. If I don't do anything else, the ReC seems to work ok. But, If I leave the secret key empty (which is marked as a required field), and add a Check ReC to the Submit Actions tab (with the secret key and event loop in fail) the form doesn't go.
​
I read the CFv6 manual and the instructions on it are similar to CFv5 and the second way I did the setup (which is not working).
​
Please clarify the steps to use ReC with CFv6.
​
Thanks,
​
Jose
he healyhatman 29 Jul, 2019
If you have the setting "check security fields" enabled, then you need to put both keys in the view option and NOT use a check recaptcha action in submit, it will do it for you.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.