Location Data in Chronoform fields

sp spytech 26 Jun, 2019
Hi, I was wondering if Chronoforms has anything built in to receive location data (Longtitude and Latitude) as part of a form. I could not find any answers in the forums. If you have any ideas of how this can be done I would be most appreciative. Users will be mostly doing this on their mobile phone.
​
Thanks.
Gr GreyHead 26 Jun, 2019
1 Likes
Hi spytech,
​
There is nothing 'built-in' but if the browser has access to the phone's location then you can use it. See here for some examples.
​
Bob
ea earthwatch 26 Jun, 2019
Hi Bob, great, thanks for that I'll give it a try.
ed edebeer 04 Jul, 2020
The example link does not work.
Gr GreyHead 05 Jul, 2020
Hi edebeer,
​
It works OK for me. https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_geolocation.asp
​
Bob
ed edebeer 05 Jul, 2020
Thanks.
​
How would I get the Latitude and Longitude in to a hidden field in Chronoforms. In a regular form I would do something like this: <input type="hidden" name="longitude" id="longitude" />. How do I get the id into the "Value" field of the hidden field? I want to save Latitude and Longitude to the database.
Gr GreyHead 05 Jul, 2020
Hi edebeer,
​
If you include empty hidden inputs in the form then you can use the Standard JavaScript value methods to add the data you find.
​
Bob
ed edebeer 05 Jul, 2020
How do you use Standard JavaScript value methods to add the data you find?
Gr GreyHead 05 Jul, 2020
Hi edebeer,
​
See this StackOverFlow answer for example https://stackoverflow.com/a/5700542
​
Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.