How to change the default settings of the wysiwyg editor

il ilansch 14 Jun, 2019
Hi,
​
I have a text area with wysiwyg editor enabled. By default when the form opens, the "Show block" button is pressed which shows an outline on all paragraphs which confuses the visitors.
​
Is there way to change that so the button is not pressed by default?
​
I tried to attach a couple of images in this post but I get the following error message: "Error saving the attachment file.".
​
Thanks in advance
he healyhatman 15 Jun, 2019
I don't think there's a way to do it with vanilla, but you can call the tinymce text editor yourself with javascript and set its initial settings there yourself. Don't ask me how though, I don't know🙂
il ilansch 18 Jun, 2019
Thanks for the comment,
​
I tried a few things with javascript but at the end I hacked the code and now the hard part will be to find a way to remember to re'hack after upgrades, maybe there is a joomla hook that I could use to run a script after upgrades...
​
In case someone needs it, here is the hack:
​
I found that the file that sets the default is:
​
/libraries/cegcore2/assets/js/g2.tinymce.js
​
and on line 28 I changed from:
​
                         visualblocks_default_state: true,
to:
                         visualblocks_default_state: false,
​
I wonder why the default was set as true.
​
If someone knows a better way to set the default, I will appreciate it.
​
Regards,
Gr GreyHead 18 Jun, 2019
Hi,
​
There is a FAQ for setting up alternative editors and custom editor settings linked to a plain textarea element in a chronoform. It's written for earlier versions of CF but the same method should work for CFv6.
​
Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.