How can we get an area to load, hidden?

Load a hidden area in ChronoForms based on user selection.

Overview

CF field events cannot directly target fieldsets, preventing conditional display of grouped form elements.
Place the fieldset inside a container or grid area, add a custom class to that area, and configure the trigger field to show the area using that class on selection.

Answered
ChronoForms v6
wi winchesterlyon 17 Apr, 2019
Hi,
​
I have a group of fields that I need to be in a Multi Field area to load when certain option is selected from a radio group. This is easy for the fields, but not for the areas.
​
By being able to do this with an area, I can put a repeater in the area. Example:
​
I ask the question: "Is there a charge to any of the facilities listed above?", with options, "Yes" or "No".
​
If the visitor selects, "Yes", the following fieldset woould appear on the form.
​
"If yes, please list the name of the facilities and the fees to use them." appears with 2 fields and a repeater button to add more fieldsets.
​
Is there a way to do this?
he healyhatman 17 Apr, 2019
Answer
1 Likes
Field events can't target fieldsets, it's a known bug that should be fixed soon. So step 1 is put your fieldset inside a segment or other div.
Step two add the class "hidden" to the area.
wi winchesterlyon 18 Apr, 2019
Hi healyhatman,
​
Thank you for the help. I used a Container Area to place both the standard fields and the repeater area in. I added "hidden" and my own class in the the Class and then set the field that's going to trigger the even to "Show" on "Select" with the class I added to the Container Area's class. This also works with Grid Area.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.