Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10

be bensonley 31 Mar, 2019
I've found an issue where if i have a field inside a table or repeater area which has the same name as the table field when saving inside a loop function, the new update seems to save all rows with the same field data as the last one in the loop
E.G.
If I have a repeater called invoice_lines with a view called value
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 1
​
The view is a field within the repeater named sd[{var:invoice_lines.key}][value]
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 2
​
I then have a loop function called loop_sd_status_update.
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 3

Inside the loop i have a function called {fn:service_status} which is a save data type function
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 4
​
​
If I run this it will save all the updated records inside the loop with the same value - the last one in the loop.
​
However If i rename the field to say sd[{var:invoice_lines.key}][val] ( changing value to val and also inside the data fields) it works as it should without issue.
​
Below is a debug of the save without changing the form field name:
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 5
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 6
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 7
​
Below is a debug of the save with changing the form field name:
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 8
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 9
​
The other issue I've noticed ( probably related) is if I update a record outside the loop function ( so a normal save data function)
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 10
​
If i want to update a record with a table field name called value with a form field called total_value, again this will override with the last loop value even though this function is outside the loop
​
Multiple fields with same name in repeater area causing save update issue in CC6.0.10 image 11
​
So if anyone else comes across this issue, rename your fields slightly and it should work until there is an update to solve this.
​
Max / admin - I can send more info over if required. to help address this.
he healyhatman 01 Apr, 2019
Your save data action inside your loop should have as its data source
{var:loopname.row}
be bensonley 01 Apr, 2019
I thought that, but changing it still caused the value fields to overrride the value table field in save_assignee save data function. Also it used to work perfectly before the update, so something has changed since , so I thought I had to mention it just in case others had a similar problem.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.