Sequential number in email

Du Dutch 13 Jan, 2019
Hi all,
​
I am trying to figure out if it is possible to add a sequential number in an email send by a form.
​
At the moment I have a database table linked to the form. While I generated this table, chronofoms automatically generated a field named aid (with type INT(11) UNSIGNED, Extra auto_increment and Index PRIMARY).
​
This field is actually giving a sequential number to every single form. I thought it would be easy to include this field in my email template with {aid}, but that doesn't work. I only see {aid} in the email and not the number.
Gr GreyHead 13 Jan, 2019
Hi Dutch,
​
If you add a Debugger action temporarily you will be able to see the names of the data items that you have.
​
{data:aid} might work - but more likely there will be a prefix set by your Save Data action.
​
Also please make sure that the Email action is after the Save Data action.
​
Bob
Du Dutch 13 Jan, 2019
Thanks Bob.
The email action is after the data save action. I activated a debugger, but I cannot figure out what prefix to look for.
​
I attached a PDF with the output of the debugger. Don't know if it helps ??[file=11392]seq_number.pdf[/file]
Gr GreyHead 13 Jan, 2019
Hi Dutch,
​
Please try {var:save_data12.aid} - from this post (by chance his Save Data action has the same name as yours).
​
Bob
Du Dutch 14 Jan, 2019
Hi Bob,
​
This works like a charm. Thanks a lot for your help!!
​
Marc
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.