Joomla! account activation email from Chronoforms form

Prevent duplicate emails when using a CF registration form.

Overview

The Joomla system and CF both send separate emails during user registration.
Disable the default Joomla activation email and configure CF to send a single, custom email containing all data and the activation link.

Answered
ChronoForms v5
st stojsins 06 Jan, 2019
Hello.
​
I have created Joomla! registration form with custom fields using Chronoforms v5.
Now I have next problem: User receives two emails. One with account activation link and data, and the other with data added in custom fields from Joomla! registration form created using Chronoforms v5.
How can I "merge" those two emails into one? I will like to have sent one email with Joomla! activation link and data + custom data from fields from Joomla! registration form created using Chronoforms v5.
​
Thanks ahead!
Max_admin Max_admin 17 Jan, 2019
Hi,
​
You can disable the Joomla registration/activation email and send a completely custom one with Chronoforms and include any data you want along with the activation link.
​
There is demo form to do that on v6, you can use the contact us page to get.
​
Best regards,
Max, ChronoForms developer
ChronoMyAdmin: Database administration within Joomla, no phpMyAdmin needed.
ChronoMails simplifies Joomla email: newsletters, logging, and custom templates.
st stojsins 17 Jan, 2019
Answer
1 Likes
Thank you for answer.
​
I'm using Chronoforms v5, but I managed to implement next solution:
In element Joomla Registration I have added custom element with next code

<?php
$token = $form->data['_PLUGINS_']['joomla_registration']['activation'];
$form->data['vlink'] = JURI::root().'component/users/?task=registration.activate&token='.$token;
?>


In Email element I have added

<a href="{vlink}">{vlink}</a>


I will like to thanks Bob Janes for this code, I find it in other post.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.