auto populate textarea content from other textarea

Auto-populate a second textarea from the first in a form.

Overview

The user needed to copy address information from one text field to another without manual entry.
Use JavaScript triggered by a checkbox event to copy the value. For a phone mask, add a specific data-inputmask attribute to the text field.

Answered
em emrahsevgi 29 Dec, 2018
Hi;
​
I have 2 textarea in same form. both of them for adress. How can I pre-fill 2nd textarea based on 1st textarea?
​
Other question is
How can I make a phone mask for +90(999)999-9999 like textfield' s default Phone mask ?
​
thaks for your help.
Gr GreyHead 30 Dec, 2018
Hi emrahsevgi,
​
Which version of ChronoForms are you using?
​
You can add JavaScript to copy values from one element to another.
​
Bob
em emrahsevgi 30 Dec, 2018
Thank you.
I am using V.6.
Can not we use any placeholder on content box?
Gr GreyHead 31 Dec, 2018
1 Likes
Hi emrahsevgi,
​
To copy the contents of a textarea you will need to use JavaScript. A common way to do this is to add a checkbox the user can click if the two addresses are the same - you can then use the Events tab of the checkbox to run a JavaScript function.
​
You can use Placeholder text in a text area using the Placeholder box in the General tab of the element.
​
Bob
he healyhatman 01 Jan, 2019
Also in additional attributes you can add I think
​
data-inputmask:'mask:+90(99)9999-9999' 
or something like that. There's a FAQ about it.
he healyhatman 03 Jan, 2019
Answer
1 Likes
OK so my bad it's
​
data-inputmask:'mask':'+90(999)999-9999'
A 9 means any digit, an A means any capital letter (lowercase will be converted), a lowercase a means uppercase or lowercase, * means any letter or number.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.