abuse of form

we webcase 05 Nov, 2018
Hi!
​
Our client has a contact form in place, made with Chronoforms v5: https://www.ovoudemolen.nl/contact
As you can see we have built in recaptcha.
​
The form sender (website mailer) is info@ovoudemolen.nl.
The form is addressed to secretariaat@ovoudemolen.nl.
​
Our client reported this morning that the form seems to be abused.
A mail was sent through the form, but it was addressed to a website user 'Angelique Nuijten'.
​
​[file=11168]email-form-abuse.jpg[/file]
​
It seems someone was able to change the addressee in the form.
​
Can you help me to determine what happened?
​
Regards,
Maurice
Gr GreyHead 05 Nov, 2018
Hi Maurice,
​
Please check that the Check ReCaptcha action is correctly set up - it looks to me as if I can submit the form without checking the ReCaptcha box - it reloads the form but doesn't show any error message. Is that correct?
​
I'm not sure haw the To Email Name could be changed - how do you have the Email action configured?
​
Bob
we webcase 05 Nov, 2018
Hi Bob,
​
The Check ReCaptcha should be working fine - it did when I configured the form some time ago, anyway.
I just checked: site & secret key are correct and in place.
I see what you mean: the form indeed refreshes and shows no error when ReCaptcha is not checked. Strange. In the ReCaptcha is a validation message in place however. Could this be an issue with SEF URL's in combination with the form embedded in an article?
​
The configuration of the e-mail action:
[Basic]
To: secretariaat@ovoudemolen.nl
[Advanced]
Dynamic subject: Onderwerp (=subject field (hidden) in form)
Dynamic from / reply to / name are also filled out with the form fields Name & E-mail.
​
Hope this makes sense.
Gr GreyHead 05 Nov, 2018
Hi Maurice,
​
It could be an issue with the URL - please try adding a full Action URL directly in the Display Section action
https://my_domain.com/index.php?option=com_chronoforms5&chronoform=form_name&event=submit
​
Bob
we webcase 06 Nov, 2018
Thanks Bob,
​
I'm not sure how to do this.😟
​
Instead, I have done the following.
​
Since I remembered having issues earlier with embedded forms, I now have a menu-item in place that opens the form directly:
https://www.ovoudemolen.nl/contactformulier?view=form
​
This way the validations work fine, also the check on the ReCaptcha.
​
When you fill out the form and click the send button, the thank you message shows.
​
BUT: the e-mail action seems not to work.
I have my own e-mail address in place in the 'to' field.
Also, if I look at the Setup tab, all seems fine with the E-mail action (all checks are green).
​
Do you have a trouble shooter for this?
​
ps. I know we're a bit off topic here, since the reason for this ticket was a presumable abuse of the form🙂
Gr GreyHead 06 Nov, 2018
Hi webcase,
​
Please drag a Debugger action into the On Submit event, then submit the form and post the debug - including the 'dummy emails' results here.
​
Bob
we webcase 06 Nov, 2018
[h3]Uw bericht is verstuurd.[/h3]

Data Array
Array
(
    [view] => form
    [chronoform] => Contact
    [event] => submit
    [naam] => Maurice
    [email] => mail@webcase.nl
    [onderwerp] => 
    [bericht] => Dit is een test
    [g-recaptcha-response] => 03AMGVjXizxqT2F2bjXpXbjR76cxsaUtHesT4c-PVEKZrtd_9zQ3GJzRbIPrgQe6G69pjOM_c9HQ_mPUJG22iN_uhfJiqM2e1bh6fZGjE25mR5g1J_eu3BjAWy8O4Se6DAYFTGoGcjHdnkhx27XM3llrknkHK30LdT7foWLg6TquoI20ePo6KrksnXuACdHAJukgu4TokvcWn_kLreJl-b3gudgaVMHR6TBFUPw59Ah_qFDAxx15BYZGKFVY3L44d1ERpHMyveQNj2O8CGStLlgfhTYTyPk0GsKQ
    [submit5] => Nu versturen
    [ip_address] => 84.82.157.198
)
Array
(
)

Errors
Array
(
)

Debug Info
Array
(
    [1] => Array
        (
            [Email] => Array
                (
                    [0] => An email with the details below was sent successfully:
                    [1] => To:m.molenaar@webcase.nl
                    [2] => Subject:
                    [3] => From name:Maurice
                    [4] => From email:mail@webcase.nl
                    [5] => CC:
                    [6] => BCC:maurice.molenaar@gmail.com
                    [7] => Reply name:Maurice
                    [8] => Reply email:mail@webcase.nl
                    [9] => Attachments:
                    [10] => Array
                        (
                        )

                    [11] => Body:
<div class="gform-all">
<div class="gform-section">
<div id="ftr-name" class="gform-line-tr">
<div class="gform-line-td">Dit bericht is verstuurd via ovoudemolen.nl.</div>
<div class="gform-line-td">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="gform-line-td"><label class="gform-label-left" for="name">Naam:</label></div>
<div id="ftd-name" class="gform-line-td">
<div id="fin-name" class="gform-input-container gform-input">Maurice</div>
<div class="gform-input-container gform-input">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="gform-input-container gform-input">E-mail:</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="ftr-email" class="gform-line-tr">
<div id="ftd-email" class="gform-line-td">
<div id="fin-email" class="gform-input-container gform-input">mail@webcase.nl</div>
<div class="gform-input-container gform-input">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="ftr-subject" class="gform-line-tr">
<div id="ftd-subject" class="gform-line-td">Bericht:</div>
</div>
<div id="ftr-message" class="gform-line-tr">
<div id="ftd-message" class="gform-line-td">
<div id="fin-message" class="gform-input-container gform-input">Dit is een test</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="ftr-submit5" class="gform-line-tr">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div><br /><br />IP: 84.82.157.198
                )

        )

)
we webcase 06 Nov, 2018
And - MAGIC - all of a sudden this form with the debugger added is send to my address!
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.