Really simple enough JQuery code, can't find mistake...

calculate dynamic totals in a ChronoForms v6 form.

Overview

The custom JavaScript code was placed in the incorrect form section, as the interface differs from CF v5.
Add the JavaScript code using a dedicated JavaScript element in the form designer tab, not the custom code section.

Answered
ChronoForms v6
Cr CrystalFrontier 05 Oct, 2018
Hello everyone,
​
I'm trying to make text field #total show the calculated values of #debaters*30 and #vvs*25. So, a sum of 55 for one debater + one VVS (train ticket). Two debaters and one VVS would have to show 85 and so on.

Given that I already have a working JQ calculation in a CFv5 form, I wonder if there is a CFv6 issue I should know about when it comes to custom coding? JHint , a code-analysing webpage, can't find a mistake but it's also not fully designed to trace mistakes but just give opinions.

What is yours on these lines of programming?
jQuery(document).ready(function(jQ) {
jQ('#debaters,#vvs,#total').change(fees);

function fees() {

jQ('#total').val(jQ('#debaters').val() * 30 + jQ('#vvs').val() * 25);
}
});
Thank you for any help and best regards,
Christopher
Gr GreyHead 05 Oct, 2018
Hi Christopher,
​
The JavaScript looks OK. Are you loading this in a JavaScript element in your form?

Do you see any errors if you view the form page using the Web Developer tools in your browser.
​
Bob
Cr CrystalFrontier 05 Oct, 2018
Hello Bob,
​
that's the thing.. I can't find a JS element in CF6. I just used 'Custom code'?
Cr CrystalFrontier 05 Oct, 2018
Answer
Ohhhh, gotcha! It's in the designer tab, I only worked inside the setup area. I've added a JS element, and it is working already!

I guess that's different than in previous versions😛
​
Thanks for the hint!
Christopher
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.