Google-Docs like functionality

it itpates 21 Sep, 2018
Is it possible to have a form that saves a copy to the database so the user can return to it later to edit and/or submit it? I have something set up where they have to click the save button. While they may have the form open most of the day, if it gets closed I want to preserve their "order" so they can return to it and complete it.
Gr GreyHead 21 Sep, 2018
Hi itpates,
​
You can save the form data in a database table using the Save Data action - but to do that the data has to be submitted, typically by clicking a Submit/Save button.
​
I think that it would be possible to 'auto-save' the data from an open form every so often using custom JavaScript to read it and to do an Ajax submit. I've never tried to do that though.
​
Bob
it itpates 21 Sep, 2018
Would Connectivity be better suited for that?
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.