Call an email 'event' from a PHP custom code box

st stikkimorey 21 Sep, 2018
Hi
​
I have some PHP code on a Chronoforms6 form which saves data under certain conditions. Is it possible to 'call' a chronoforms email 'event' from within the code?
​
Thanks
he healyhatman 21 Sep, 2018
It'd be easier to just use an event switcher.
st stikkimorey 21 Sep, 2018
Yes, I tried that but it's not working for me
​
Can I make the PHP fire off the email event?
​
Thanks
he healyhatman 21 Sep, 2018
What do you mean it's not working?
​
And no I don't think you can. Might as well just use Joomla's mailer.
https://docs.joomla.org/Sending_email_from_extensions
st stikkimorey 21 Sep, 2018
I tried setting the data for the event switcher to {var:loop_event67.row.book_it}
​
The value for book_it is either 1 or 0 so I set 1,0 in the expected results and put the email event in branch 1
​
But even when book_it is 0 the email fires. Is it using logical 1? Do I need to set "1","0"?
he healyhatman 21 Sep, 2018
1,0 should be fine. No reason it should be reading as a 1 if it's definitely a 0. You could maybe try {value:1},{value:0}
st stikkimorey 21 Sep, 2018
Thanks healyhatman but with those values nothing runs.
​
I'll do the email in PHP.
he healyhatman 21 Sep, 2018
In the Loop, but a custom code block with just {var:loop_event67.row.book_it} and see if it actually does print out the erroneous 0 you're expecting
st stikkimorey 21 Sep, 2018
Thanks buddy but I've done it in PHP now. Sometimes its just quicker to give in go old school.
​
Really do appreciate all the help you've been giveing me over the last months though.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.