Setting Field events dynamically when populating a dynamic dropdown

ts tshirley 18 Sep, 2018
Hi,
​
I have used field events in a dropdown to enable and disable other form fields, and this works well. However I have a dropdown that is populated dynamically and I would like to set events and actions etc based on the dynamically loaded values rather than having to fix them.
​
So the process would be to read the dropdown data from a table into an array, and then based on that array set up field events for each of the dropdown values dynamically, using php.
​
I can't find any reference to how that can be done, though it may be in the forum somewhere.
​
Thanks
​
Tim
Gr GreyHead 19 Sep, 2018
Hi Tim,
​
I think that you'd need to do that using Custom JavaScript triggered when the dropdown changes. I'm not clear exactly how to do that though :-(
​
Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.