Unique_id AA999XX

in indiana71 31 Aug, 2018
Hi Grey,
​
in Chronoform V4 you created an Action UniqueID
https://www.chronoengine.com/faqs/63-cfv4/cfv4-working-with-form-data/2596-how-can-i-give-a-unique-id-to-each-form-submission.html
​
Have you some solution or suggests for Chronoform V6?
​
In that post you tell that you developed a solution for V5.
Thanks
Gr GreyHead 02 Sep, 2018
Hi indiana71,
​
I haven't yet built any CFV6 action - I'm not sure how they are supposed to work :-(
​
Bob
he healyhatman 02 Sep, 2018
Bob {uuid:} gives you a functionally unique code the chances of it giving the same value twice are idiotically slim.
Gr GreyHead 02 Sep, 2018
Hi healyhatman,
​
I understand that - my action for the previous versions allowed you to create a short user-friendly unique string with a predefined structure e.g. AY1234BZ That can be helpful if people need to use it.
​
Bob
he healyhatman 02 Sep, 2018
Fair enough🙂 shouldn't be hard to just make your own code surely OP?
Gr GreyHead 02 Sep, 2018
Hi healeyhatman,
​
The basics of the code from the old version should still work - what takes the time is working out how to add that into an action that can be installed into CFv6. From my initial looks that has changed quite a bit from the previous versions. I probably need a couple of clear days to build the first one and work through all the wrinkles.
​
Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.