how to return a value from repeater radio control

Ni NickOg 29 Aug, 2018
Hi
​
I have set up a form that includes a radio set - a single choice - one for each row of a repeater so.
​
how to return a value from repeater radio control image 1
​
The radio controls are mutually exclusive.
The repeater configuration is so:
how to return a value from repeater radio control image 2
​
My problem is that I can't pick up the selected radio after submit. I have tried a checkbox as well an that is no better.
​
Is that possible? If so how?
​
Regards
​
Nick
Gr GreyHead 29 Aug, 2018
Hi Nick,
​
Not sure I have the full answer for you.
​
First, the radio button group should only return one value so it doesn't need an array name.
​
Second, the options that you have set appear to be all the same e.g. 'y' so you won't be able to tell which button was checked, those need to be distinguished - maybe using the name as you have for the label??
​
Bob
Ni NickOg 29 Aug, 2018
Hi Bob
​
Thanks for that - the radio button group - of course. 😡
The options - the problem there is that that approach doesn't suit the repeater model I suspect. I will need to dynamically fill that radio before I run the repeater which questions whether the repeater approach is the way to go here. Or maybe to use a link around a button instead of the radio within the repeater.
​
Still thinking about that.
​
Nick
Ni NickOg 29 Aug, 2018
That fixed it - I replaced each radio with a submit button
​
how to return a value from repeater radio control image 3
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.