Editing items leads to Insert instead of update

st stikkimorey 14 Aug, 2018
Hi
I am struggling to create a form based on the dynamic actions demo. I have tried to copy the settings across accuratly, but when I try to use the edit link, it inserts a new record instead of updating the record chosen.
​
In the write action settings for the save event, I have selected auto, but it does not seem to recognise when to update.
​
Can anyone help me identify what the problem is?
​
Many thanks
​
Mikki
st stikkimorey 14 Aug, 2018
The only thing I can see that I have diferent is that on the article edit link I have :
​
asset_id={var:articles_list.row.Article.asset_id}
​
Wheras in the demo, they have:
​
article_id={var:articles_list.row.Article.id}
​
I am using asset_id as the primary key in my table and it is set to auto_increment
​
Thanks
​
Mikki
st stikkimorey 14 Aug, 2018
Ah I found the problem - I had named the field with the ID as asset_id but it needs to be Article[aset_id]
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.