Populating 2nd dynamic Dropdown when loading data into form

ts tshirley 29 Jul, 2018
Hello,
​
I have set up a form to add data to a table, which uses a 2 level dynamic dropdown. The demo form worked well for a template on how to do this.
​
I then created a form to allow the user to retrieve and edit a saved record. This works fine except that the 2nd dropdown is empty. when the data is retrieved. If I make a change to the Level 1 dropdown, ten it will populate the 2nd dropdown, because the "On Change" is set to do this in the Events tab of the Level 1 dropdown.
​
What is the way that I can have the 2nd dropdown populate automatically when the data is loaded into the form?
​
I am using API calls to an external data provider, not a Read Data action, to load the data into the form fields. Everything works except for the population of the dropdown options.
​
Cheers
Tim
ts tshirley 29 Jul, 2018
Sorry to have troubled you, I have found the answer.
​
It was easy, just add an Event Loader after the code which populates the form, to run the code that populates the dropdown.
​
Cheers
​
Tim
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.