Forums

Load as less CSS+JS Ressource as possible

waldi 27 Jun, 2018
Hi,
i was always a fan of Chronoforms, because it was a solutions i as an developer could make what i want out of it.
Problem with v6 ist, that i have a custom Form with my own HTML.

All CSS comes from my template, i don't need any of the v6 CSS in the Frontend.

And yet all of this is loaded:
 <link href="/libraries/cegcore2/assets/semantic-ui/reset.inline.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="/libraries/cegcore2/assets/semantic-ui/site.inline.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="/libraries/cegcore2/assets/semantic-ui/semantic.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="/libraries/cegcore2/assets/semantic-ui/text.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="/libraries/cegcore2/assets/semantic-ui/fixes.semantic.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<script src="/libraries/cegcore2/assets/semantic-ui/semantic.min.js"></script>
<script src="/libraries/cegcore2/assets/js/g2.js"></script>
<script src="/libraries/cegcore2/assets/js/g2.boot.js"></script>
<script src="/libraries/cegcore2/assets/js/g2.forms.js"></script>
How can this be disabled? I only need minimum validation JS (like i could do it before).
STUBRBS 28 Jun, 2018
Same problem here. we are carefully trying to optimise Joomla for maximum performance, and concatenate all CSS into one file, but Chronoforms makes this effort futile. Furthermore the semantic.min.css overwrites a lot of our template styles! How can we disable the loading of all thos scripts and files?
STUBRBS 28 Jun, 2018
I have found a solution: with the JCC-Plugin-Extension it is possible to eliminate all unwanted JS / CSS files, even AFTER the extension had been loaded by Joomla: https://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/jcc-js-css-control
waldi 28 Jun, 2018
Well that's just another extension, that needs to be updated and can cause problems. We use as less extensions as possible.
I could reduce the impact of the v6 css by changing the section container to "none".

But still all the ressources are getting loaded and the class ".semanticui-body" is always there and therefore CSS from site.inline.min.css has impact.

Please let us know if there is a ways to remove as much ressources as possible. We don't even use jQuery on our site because jQuery is obsolete.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.