Save user with custom field (Data override)

De DevMatGod 08 Jun, 2018
I am trying to create a user with ChronoForms.

When the user is created, I need to take the value of some fields and send them into specific custom fields I made in user->fields from Joomla! core.
​
To do this, I use the option 'Save user'. When I submit the form, the user is created, but my custom fields for the user do not have any value.

To set the value I use the section Data override from 'Save user'. Here is what I place inside.

field_18:{data:title}
field_2:{data:prenom}
field_3:{data:nom}
field_4:{data:adr1}
field_5:{data:adr2}
field_6:{data:ville}
field_7:{data:province}
field_8:{data:codepostal}
field_11:{data:phone}
field_13:{data:docanadiens}
field_14:{data:datedocanadiens}
field_15:{data:langue}
field_16:{data:precisez}
field_46:{data:birthday}
field_17:{data:cv}
field_18:{data:title1}
field_24:{data:title2}
field_19:{data:prenom1}
field_22:{data:prenom2}
field_20:{data:nom1}
field_23:{data:nom2}
field_25:{data:typeachat}
field_26:{data:competance}
field_27:{data:misefont}
field_28:{data:financement}
field_31:{data:localisation}
field_30:{data:secteuractivite1}
field_32:{data:secteuractivite2}
field_33:{data:taille}
field_34:{data:valeur}
field_35:{data:echeance}
field_37:{data:experiance}
field_38:{data:presentation}
field_39:{data:siteweb}
field_40:{data:blogue}
field_41:{data:facebook}
field_42:{data:linkedin}


​
I'm on the latest version of joomla. With the latest version of Chonoform.
Gr GreyHead 09 Jun, 2018
Hi DevMatGod,
​
Are the custom user items stored in the same table as the basic user data - I rather doubt that :-(
​
You probably need a second Data Save action to update the table where this info is saved.
​
Bob
he healyhatman 11 Jun, 2018
You need a save data action for each field. They're suited in I think user_fields or fields_values or whatever.
Each save data action will need to have
​
value:{data:field}
item_id:{user:id}
field_id:3 (or whatever the id of the field is)
Max_admin Max_admin 16 Jan, 2019
1 Likes
Hi,
​
There is a new action for saving Joomla custom fields starting from the next update!
​
Best regards,
Max, ChronoForms developer
ChronoMyAdmin: Database administration within Joomla, no phpMyAdmin needed.
ChronoMails simplifies Joomla email: newsletters, logging, and custom templates.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.