Tab Event - Designer

M. M.Abletech 04 Jun, 2018
Hi,
​
how can I set a value of dropdown depending on a a previuos dropdown ?
I still want to see all values, but I want to set a specific one.
​
I thought I can do it with Tab Event - Designer: What sintax do I need to use?
​
This is what I've done:
http://prntscr.com/jqm1ve
​
Many thanks!
he healyhatman 04 Jun, 2018
There's a demo form "dynamic dropdown" explaining how to do it.
M. M.Abletech 04 Jun, 2018
Thanks Healyhatman,
​
but unfortunately it does not.
I mean: in the demo, you got different array of values for the second dropdown, according to the value you set in the first dropdown.
​
Instead in my case I would like to select a specific value of the second dropdown when setting the first dropdown: so same array of value but not the first selected, but the one I choose.
​
That's why I was trying to use :
Tab Event - Designer: http://prntscr.com/jqm1ve
​
Thanks for Advice!
he healyhatman 04 Jun, 2018
put {var:yourvariable} in the "selected value" portion of the second dropdown. Your reloading event then needs to set the value of that {var} before you call the {view:view_name}
M. M.Abletech 04 Jun, 2018
Thank you very much!
​
Excuse further questions:
​
1) When you said:
"Your reloading event then needs to set the value of that {var} before you call the {view:view_name}"
You mean I need to create an Ajax event to reload the selected value, on change of dropdown 1?
​
2) Tab Event - Designer: I've find no documentation on it. It seems is not to be used in my case, but I'd like to learn about it. Can you suggest a link to docs?
​
Thank you for your help!
he healyhatman 04 Jun, 2018
Sorry I've just realised you're using the old v5. I don't know anything about that, sorry.
M. M.Abletech 04 Jun, 2018
It's ok. Thank you for your time, you are always very helpful!
​
cheers!
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.