Email format in V6

br brocars 16 May, 2018
HI
​
Just started switching all my forms from V4 to V6

Got everything working OK using the Easy Mode but couple of issues.

1. How do I add styling to the form, such as adding a fieldset, changing font color etc
2. The email received doesn't display the completed information very well. It seems to be all on one line. (see below). In the email setup section I have auto add fields adata selected. How can I make it look a little more pretty.
​
Thanks, Paul

General enquiry form submitted from the Armfield Angling website:NamepaulEmailpaul@xxx.comVenueThe Secret GardenDate of Interest2018-05-16 09:59:00Number of Anglers2Number of Non Anglers5How can we help?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSubscribe to Newsletteryes
br brocars 16 May, 2018
sorry, one other issue.

How do I ensure when the recipient of the email hits reply to sender, that the email goes to the senders address not the site admin address. In CF V4 I used to use the dynamic reply to email and name. Is this function available in V6?
​
Thanks, Paul
Gr GreyHead 16 May, 2018
Hi Paul,
​
The Static and Dynamic Recipients list is combined in CFv6 - please check page 16 of the CFv6 manual
​
You add styling using CSS element in the form Designer tab.
​
By default the Email action uses a table to display the data - I can't tell from the info here why you are not seeing the table layout. You can over-write it using your own HTML.
​
Bob
br brocars 16 May, 2018
HI
​
Thanks Bob, I'll check out issues 1 & 2

Reference the display of the fields data in the email, when I was first trying out the V6 form, the data was sent in a table form centered across the page with the file names in bold.

Since then it all received with no formatting.

I have tried to create the content of the template manually using the code below but I just receive the titles in bold repeated several times without the completed information. If I switch off the Auto add fields data, the form won't send at all.
​
<strong>Name:</strong> {data: name}<br>
<strong>Email: </strong>{data: email}<br>
<strong>Venue: </strong>{data: venue}<br>
<strong>Date of interest:</strong> {data: date_of_interest}<br>
<strong>Number of anglers:</strong> {data: number_of_anglers}<br>
<strong>Number of non anglers: </strong>{data: number_of_non_anglers}<br>
<strong>How can we help:</strong> {data: how_can_we_help}<br>
<strong>Subscribe to newsletter: </strong>{data: subscribe_to_newsletter}
​
Paul
br brocars 21 May, 2018
any further thoughts please Bob reference the above
​
​
​
Paul
br brocars 21 May, 2018
also, the "reply to" email and name seem to be using the site name and from email in the Joomla configuration.
​
How would I chnage that please?
​
Pauil
Gr GreyHead 21 May, 2018
Hi Paul,
​
By all means PM me the site URL, the form name, and a SuperAdmin login and I'll take a quick look at the email template.
​
You can specify a Reply To Name and Address in the email action settings if they need to be different from the From Name and Address.
​
Bob
br brocars 22 May, 2018
Hi Bob

just wanted to check you got my PM.

Thanks, Paul
Gr GreyHead 22 May, 2018
Hi Paul,
​
Yes, I just picked it up. Yesterday was a holiday here and we have house guests so I'm a bit behind at the moment.
​
Bob
Gr GreyHead 22 May, 2018
Hi Paul,
​
I made a copy of your form to experiment with. It seems to send the email correctly for me (reading in Google Inbox) but looking at the source HTML I see that the opening <table> tag is missing.
​
I think that this is because you have added Header text in the Email Action > Auto Template > Header box. I added the tag to the end of the HTML there and the email then contains a correctly styled table with the tag. (Maybe Google Inbox replaces the missing tag somehow.)
​
Bob
br brocars 23 May, 2018
thanks so much Bob. That now displays fine.
​
Sorry to be a pain but still not clear about where I can set the dynamic reply to email and name
​
Paul
Gr GreyHead 23 May, 2018
Hi Paul,
​
You can use a data shortcode in the Email action boxes e.g. {data:email} and {data:name}
​
Bob
br brocars 23 May, 2018
perfect thanks for you help
​
Paul
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.