Create a file download button in CCv6 listing

Create a file download button in a CCv6 listing.

Overview

The user wanted to replace a text link with a styled button for file downloads in a listing.
Style the existing link as a button by adding the Semantic UI class "ui button" to it.

Answered
Connectivity v6
mo momentis 12 Apr, 2018
I have a listing of files available for download. I am using a "link" view to create the full file link. Rather than display a link in the listing, I'd like to have a button for each file for download. How would I go about accomplishing this?

Rick
Gr GreyHead 12 Apr, 2018
Hi Rick,
​
Will the download attribute in the link do the trick (see here )? You can also add CSS to format the link to look like a button.
​
Bob
mo momentis 12 Apr, 2018
Bob,
​
Thanks for that. However, it is really whole creation of the button itself that I cannot figure out. The LINK view creates the link, but I don't want just a text link. I want a button, and I cannot figure out how to do that. There is SO little documentation of CCv6.
​
Rick
he healyhatman 13 Apr, 2018
Answer
1 Likes
Style the link as a button.
​
Add "ui button" to the class.
​
Chronoforms uses Semantic UI, see here for more details.
https://semantic-ui.com/elements/button.html
mo momentis 13 Apr, 2018
Thank you healyhatman! And especially for the link to SemanticUI. I was not aware of that, so that is a tremendous help. I have been using these products for a LONG time, but each time I move to a new version I start the learning process all over again. 🙂
​
Rick
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.