Forums

How to generate a list of choosen option? Please help, I don't know how to start.

dhuizinga1 01 Apr, 2018
Hello all,

I finally managed to fill a dropdown from another table. For me as a novice a victory :-)
So I succeeded in generating an overview of teams that play in all kinds of groups.
It is an overview with all teams in different groups. But now I do not know how to proceed.

What I would like is that when I click on a group letter click I get an overview of all the teams in the chosen pool and two when I click on the sports club click get an overview of all teams of that sports club.

I do not know how to handle this. Who can help me with this.

Thank you and with kind regards,

Dirk
Max_admin 02 Apr, 2018
Hi Dirk,

You can add a new event and call a new "Read data" function with new conditions to list the teams of the passed club/pool id, then use a link in the table to call that event.

A solution with dynamic dropdown/popup is possible but maybe after the next one or tow updates.

Best regards
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
dhuizinga1 02 Apr, 2018
hoi admin,

I made a new event wichth opens a new read data function and i call it in the table... the event opens.
I think the probs are in the filter settings or where condions. I dont exactly what to fill in overthere

Max_admin 04 Apr, 2018
Hi Dirk,

Please update your conditions and remove the the string after }, so the "group by" should be gone.

That should return the results you need, you can test this by using {debug:} after the "fn" call in the event.

Then your event code should be updated to use the results returned (just a server variable) to populate a table, you need to create a table under "views" and set the data provider to: {var:read_poule}, this step is already made in the "index" event if you want to check how it should be.

Best regards
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
healyhatman 22 Apr, 2018
In your MAIN table view, which I will pretend is called "table_list"

Fields list-> model.poule:Poule (plus all the others)
Fields view: -> model.poule:{view:poule_filter_link} (plus all the others

Create a new link view
Name -> poule_filter_link
Event -> index
Content -> {var:table_list.row.model.poule}
URL and/or URL Parameters -> poule={var:table_list.row.model.poule}

Now in your MAIN read data action (you don't need to make a separate read data action)
Model name-> model (if your model name is something else, replace all the "model." above)
Where conditions-> model.poule:{data:poule}/- (Yes you need the "/-" after)

Now you click a poule and it will filter by that poule. You can do the same thing I did above with other fields, and clicking a second field will add that filter. so you can filter by more than one column at once

Only thing I don't know is how to remove a url parameter to reset the view, but I'm sure there's a way.

EDIT: Change an errant "date" to the correct "data"
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.