Email function disabled

How to resolve a disabled mail function in Joomla after an update.

Overview

The issue was likely caused by a server configuration conflict following a Joomla update.
Ensure Joomla's email settings are correctly configured, and check with your hosting provider for any server-side changes that may have affected the mail function.

Answered
Connectivity v6
kk kkurtz 19 Feb, 2018
On my Joomla site I have a file which can be updated from the front-end. When the update occurs an email is sent to several people to communicate the change. This function was working well until a few days ago. Now I get a message saying that the mail function has been disabled by an administrator. I am the site administrator and I have not disabled the mail function.
I consulted with my ISP and they think there might be a conflict between CC6 and the new version of Joomla (3.8.5) which was installed recently. My CC^ version 6.0.5
​
Any suggestions?
Max_admin Max_admin 20 Feb, 2018
Answer
Hi Karen,
​
The extension uses the Joomla mailing function, so it should send the email if Joomla can, and if the email settings are configured correctly, I mean the Recipients, Subject, body and from email/name.
​
Best regards
Max, ChronoForms developer
ChronoMyAdmin: Database administration within Joomla, no phpMyAdmin needed.
ChronoMails simplifies Joomla email: newsletters, logging, and custom templates.
kk kkurtz 20 Feb, 2018
Thanks,
​
The email function came back without me making any changes. Very strange.
Max_admin Max_admin 20 Feb, 2018
I think it was some server config then!🙂
​
Best regards
Max, ChronoForms developer
ChronoMyAdmin: Database administration within Joomla, no phpMyAdmin needed.
ChronoMails simplifies Joomla email: newsletters, logging, and custom templates.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.