Multipage - Save to session on back button?

mo morphz 12 Feb, 2018
Hello everyone.
​
I set up a multipage form.

I'd like to save the data they enter on step 2 when they click the back button to step 1. So it will still be there when they go forward and come to step 2 again.
​
Has anyone done that yet? if so how did you do it?
​
The back buttons work I just don't know how to save it to the session.
Maybe with a submit and redirect?
​
Any help appreciated :-)
​
Greetings
morphz
mo morphz 12 Feb, 2018
Can't edit at the moment. That's my form:
​
http://farb-formulare.jdevcloud.com/formulare/auftragserfassung-reinigung
Gr GreyHead 12 Feb, 2018
Hi morphz,
​
You can do this with a second Submit button. After the form submits you need to process it as normal including the data save - then check to see which Submit button was clicked and redirect to the matching page.
​
Bob
mo morphz 12 Feb, 2018
Thanks for the reply Bob
​
I am a bit confused.
​
#1. The submit buttons load the event I declare in the display section. Correct?
#2. As far I understand I add just one more event as target of all display sections where all the buttons and their matching redirectings are saved. Correct?
#3. What elements do I need to use in this event? How can I determine which submit button was clicked? php? or is there an easier way.
​
Thanks in advance!
Gr GreyHead 13 Feb, 2018
Hi morphz,
​
1. Yes
​
2. I don't think so but I'm not sure what you are saying.
​
3. You can tell which button is clicked by checking the value which is submitted by the button element.
​
Bob
mo morphz 20 Feb, 2018
I am not familiar with php. can you help me with the code?
​
Or am I approaching this wrong..
​
Thanks!
​
<?php
$value1 = $_POST["button19"];
$value2 = $_POST["button141"];

if ($value1 or $value2 == "Personalien") {
header("Location: http://example.com/Page1.php");
}
if ($value1 or $value2 == "Adressen") {
header("Location: http://example.com/Page3.php");
}
?>
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.