Forums

Demo or guide for Chronoconnectivity

walberg 28 Nov, 2015
I have Joomla 3.4.5 and have thereby both ChronoForms 5 as Chrono Connect 5 are installed. I have an input form which made me want to display four fields on my site. There is a link to a table I created in ChronoForms Chrono Connectivity 5 but there is no guide for Chronoconnectivity 5 and 5 is completely different than the known manual and You tube demo s for version 3).
Ultimately I want to make a page in my site where i can display my fields on places in text where i want it. Who knows where I can find a manual of Chrono Connect? There are some books on the market but they are for version 3. Also at the manufacturer, I could not find anything.
GreyHead 29 Nov, 2015
Hi walberg,

I'm not at all clear what you are trying to do here :-( I can't tell from your post if you actually need ChronoConnectivity - which is for showing lists of records from a database table.

Max has written some introductory FAQs for ChronoConnectivity - have you checked those?

Bob
walberg 30 Nov, 2015
Yes i have checked the FAQ but no answer.

The first thing i want is indeed to show the lists from the table. Now i only got an empty screen.

I want to update the site arkoflive.net, but as it is now, editing each record cost too many time (for the complete collection of plants we have about 2000 records and al of them must be edited manually.

http://www.arkoflife.net/nepenthes-aristolochioides.html shows one of them, on this moment we must edit it manually, align text word by word (is is not a CMS site but simple html). I thougt with Joomla i make an input form (worked) but now i want to put the fielts where i want it. So i want a permanent place for the photo. A self growing menu listing of the records and automatic formatting for the text without having to try out a word it does so still everywhere need to put in the text formatting codes.
GreyHead 30 Nov, 2015
Hi walberg,

It sounds as though you want to use Joomla! Articles for these records. They will do most of what you describe - and more.

While you can use a form to create an article it might be simpler to use the built in Joomla! editor. You can add images, set styles, . . .

Bob
walberg 30 Nov, 2015
Hmm, Joomla! Articles i could not find this extention?
GreyHead 30 Nov, 2015
Hi walberg,

It's built in - Site Admin > Content > Articles > Add New Article There's a very basic video here

Bob
walberg 30 Nov, 2015
Tried it, but the first problem is that i can not ad photo's or pictures > ad an url. Should work when de writer is possible to upload a picture (browse butten) Url is too dificult for the users. Of course there are just a few editors so i still can use the chronoform form (where i have given the oportunity to upload a picture). Then the editor must audit the form (check the info that is send with Chronoforms) if the information is correct then the editor should have the possibility to directly put in a photo (jpg or so) But that is not possible with Articles. Also i still have the problem how to (simple) ad a new menu item for the article.
GreyHead 30 Nov, 2015
Hi walberg,

Well . . . users with Author permissions can add articles and include images using the image button at the bottom of the editor. You'd possibly need to provide a tutorial

[list]Author - This group allows a user to post content, usually via a link in the User Menu. They can submit new content, select options to show the item on the front page and select dates for publishing but they cannot directly publish any content. When content is submitted by an Author level user, they receive the message, “Thanks for your submission. Your submission will now be reviewed before being posted to the site.” They can edit only their own articles but only when that article has been published and is visible. [/list]

You can also create a ChronoForm that is used to create an article, This allows you to have different inputs in the form - including images - and assemble them into an article using a basic 'template' to manage the layout.

To do this, you build the form; then in the On Submit event use a Custom Code action to build the article content followed by a Joomla! Article action to create the article in Joomla!

You can link menu items to articles - or article categories - without a lot of work.

Bob
walberg 30 Nov, 2015
I have found JCE and with this editor you got a file manager. The only thing that stays manually is: De editor who got the form must put the uploaded photo on a directrory on the host but thats a lot better than use an url. Use Chronoforms to chreate an artikle is nice but the content must always be edited before placed.
Thanks
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.