Buy Now
Sign in

Do not accept certain mail domains

senzaesclusiva , May 29 2021, 06:52
S
senzaesclusiva 16
May 29 2021, 06:52 #396580
I have seen the video that explains how to validate email domains with Regex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK6CYsrMw3Y&list=PLNdPw6Bog3zcuSKs7NGNi8QPtfj5IsxQA&index=7

But how to do the exact opposite, i.e. deny those same domains?
Can the "Does NOT contain" field be useful, and if so, how do you enter multiple strings?
I don't know Regex, if someone can help me out with an example I would be very grateful.
GreyHead 65
May 29 2021, 12:25 #396582
Hi senzaesclusiva,
I've just looked at the video and it looks as if Does NOT contain should do what you need. The video example has multiple strings and I think the same format should work in the other box.
Bob
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
S
senzaesclusiva 16
May 29 2021, 13:45 #396587
 Answer
Hy GreyHead
thanks for replay.
I've already tried entering in "Does NOT contain", multiple strings as per the example in the video, but it doesn't seem to work. I will try better and more carefully.

On the other hand, waiting to find the right and more robust solution, I tried to concatenate the strings as I do in Drupal CMS (I'm learning Chronoform on WP just to help a friend who is particularly bad at it).
Basically I put in "Does NOT contain": "gmail", "yahoo", "aol", "outlook" (and so on).
It seems to work: the field shows the error and the custom message, and if you submit, the form shows the error and blocks the submission.

I don't really trust series of strings put in a field; I'd prefer the opportunity to build an array, but for now it's fine.

Thanks again
Ed