Forums

[SOLVED]Fields not being saved to database

EddieM 19 Aug, 2010
Hi,
My form saves the default fields to the database (cf_id, cf_user_id, etc) but none of my form fields are being saved.

Attached is my backup. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eddie
GreyHead 19 Aug, 2010
Hi Eddie,

Nothing attached but most likely you didn't select the form inputs in the Create Table dialogue. **green** bars are selected, **red** bars are not selected (yes I know it a lousy UI design, hopefully Max will change it in the next release).

Bob
EddieM 19 Aug, 2010
Hi there,
Thanks for the pointer - this has now resolved the issue.

Am I correct that the default table creation routine creates the fields as 'not null'? If so, could it not pick up the validation requirements to figure out what fields can/can't be null? Also, on the table manager I couldn't see a control to change the null/not null status of a field.

Cheers,
Eddie
GreyHead 19 Aug, 2010
Hi Eddie,

It does set the columns as NOT NULL - but an empty string or a zero are 'not null' so there no problems with this in practice.

You can edit the NOT NULL setting in PHPMyAdmin or some other MySQL editor if you need to.

Bob
ilanle 22 Oct, 2010
Hi,
I'm having a similar problem, but I AM checking the enable button to green on my additional data field.

I have a form with a text area input 'text_0'
i have created a table for this form per the pdf tutorial (BTW the tutorial is a little different than the version of chronoforms i have).
i add a field in the table called 'text_0'of type text
i am checking the enable to green and saving, it says the changes were made.
later, i open the form link and enter some data and submit.
when i go to view my table i do not see any records created.
ilan
ilanle 22 Oct, 2010
One more thing i didn't mention:
after adding my field to the tacle and saving, if I go again to table editor, and look at my table, i see that my data field is disabled (red)
GreyHead 26 Oct, 2010
Hi ilanle,

You need to refresh the DB Connection after any changes to database column names. In the Form Editor click the DB Connection tab and set the Connection to 'No'. Click the 'Apply icon in the toolbar to save the form, open the DB Connection tab, set the Connection back to 'Yes' and re-save the form. This will refresh the copy of the table information that ChronoForms uses.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.