Forums

Baffled??? What Happened???

tpascubarat 22 Jun, 2010
I built 4 forms, one right after the other (excluding the contact us form) that are almost identical. Two forms appear perfectly on the screen, but the other two do not. The test area is at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.new2.lifemessage.org">www.new2.lifemessage.org</a><!-- w -->. The forms are under "The Spirit of Giving" on the Nav bar. Request Assistance and Volunteer see to change the layout and make the side menu go to the bottom. The Assistance Request form is jacked up. The only form that is correct is Helping Hands. I cannot seem to see anywhere what could have done this.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks
aldo1234 22 Jun, 2010
have you tried viewing the site in firebug to see if you can find the problem?
tpascubarat 22 Jun, 2010
Yes, but just to the extent which I know Firebug. But there should be no differences between these forms. They were created at the same time using the same procedures. I'm still looking for solutions as this site is already behind schedule a bit.
GreyHead 22 Jun, 2010
Hi tpascubarat,

It looks as though there is some typo in the Form HTML. The </form> tag shows up before the end of the form and there is a problem with mis-matched <div> tags that breaks the layout.

Bob
tpascubarat 22 Jun, 2010
I have searched for the errant </form> tag but cannot see it anywhere. Can you tell me where it was that you saw it. I compared the form html of all the forms and they look virtually identical. I will search for the mis matched <div> tags tonight.

I just can't understand how one form is perfect, and the other three "virtual clones" are giving me problems.
nml375 22 Jun, 2010
Hi,
Atleast in the case of the "Request Assistance" form, there are two </div> tags missing. From what I can tell, it's the E-Mail address input that is missing them:
<div class="form_item">
  <div class="form_element cf_textbox">
    <label class="cf_label" style="width: 150px;">E-Mail Address</label>
    <input type="text" name="email" value="" /><br />

Should be:
<div class="form_item">
  <div class="form_element cf_textbox">
    <label class="cf_label" style="width: 150px;">E-Mail Address</label>
    <input type="text" name="email" value="" /><br />
  </div>

<div class="cfclear"> </div>
</div>

This causes multiple validation errors, mis-aligns the layout, and is most likely also responsible for the mis-placed side menu. I havn't checked the other forms extensively, though I suspect the other ones suffer from the same issue.

/Fredrik
tpascubarat 23 Jun, 2010
Thank you Fredrik, that was spot on. It solved the whole problem.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.