Forums

Calendar Field Bugs

Gatsman 22 Oct, 2022
I think there are 2 bugs with the calendar _field in Chronoforms 7. Both of these bugs are present in Joomla & Wordpress.
​1. Reopen the datepicker
If you select a date in the datepicker and _for some reason you want to immediately change that date you have to click outside the _field otherwise it will not reopen the datepicker (there is an animation example with the issue in the _first github link)
This is a known bug and the say that it has been _fixed in the nightly beta so it might be easy to _fix
https://github.com/fomantic/Fomantic-UI/pull/2002
https://github.com/fomantic/Fomantic-UI/pull/1508

2. Wrong display _format.
In the _field setup select Display Format as DD/MM/YYYY.
In the _form if you select the date in the datepicker it will set it correctly DD/MM/YYYY but if you write your date with the keyboard ex. 02/10/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) it will change it to 10/02/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) in the _field. (*if you write a date where the day is over 12 ex. 22/10/2022 it won't change it).

*For a very strange reason i had a very hard time posting this topic, every time a word starts with space and the letter _f when i save it gives me a 500 Internal Server Error and after some tries it bans my IP. That's the reason i have underscores before all lowercase _f
Colnem 23 Oct, 2022
Hi

1 & 2: not bug for me.

Have you the last version of Joomla and CF7? Your example is dated 2021.
Have you set Date Format and Real Format = DD/MM/YYYY?
Gatsman 23 Oct, 2022
Hi thanks for checking this.
So i am the only one that has this.

1. The example is from a search i did about this issue and i hoped that the problem would be something like: Old library used for Chronoforms.
2. Yes i have the Display Format as DD/MM/YYYY but i had the Real Format as YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss changing that to DD/MM/YYYY too but still get the same problem.
Colnem 23 Oct, 2022
For bug number 2, I have just tried with a contact form and the format date receveid in my mails are corrects.

If you save this date in a sql database field where the field is in format date, you have always the dates in YYYY/MM/DD. You have to use a varchar format field or rewrite the date after reading the field.
May be there is a param to set european format date in sql, but I don't know why.

I think that it is not a CF7 bug.
Gatsman 23 Oct, 2022
It has nothing to do with the data you receive after the submit (Real Format) The issue that i see is in the form field (Display Format) right after you write your date with the keyboard, not with the datepicker.
Please make one more check to make sure only i have this issue.
Colnem 24 Oct, 2022
Have you this bugs in front-end, in back-end or the booth?
Gatsman 24 Oct, 2022
The issue is only in the front-end.
I did a small video that shows both "bugs" that i have. The 01 at the start and 02 right after.
I just created a new Advanced Form and added a Calendar Field (i also added a custom CSS for the field max width, just for the video).
https://www.veed.io/view/032f4ba1-bc18-4f4b-ae98-0a9f69f108a4
Colnem 24 Oct, 2022
OK. So, this is not a CF7 bug.
Try with Cassiopea template...
Gatsman 24 Oct, 2022
Thank you for double checking.
I have an installation of Joomla 4 with just chronoforms 7 and still get the same problems with the calendar so it must be something else, i ll keep trying.
Tef_71 30 Oct, 2022
Hi,
​I don't known if it can help, but for me I have add this CCS and the popup doesn't appear anymore.

My calendar is on "Inline without field" display mode.
.ui.calendar .ui.popup {
visibility:hidden !important;
}
Gatsman 31 Oct, 2022
@Colnem
I got both issues with your _form too.

@Tef_71
Thanks you but i would like to keep the datepicker too and let the user select in which way to set the date.

I could not _find out why it's doing this _for me, changing the browser language didn't _fix it, so i decided to move to html5 type=date and that solves both my problems.
Colnem 31 Oct, 2022
OK.

This was not a CF7 bug....
Rollo71 02 Dec, 2022
@Gatsman
Hi, I'm having the same problem as you. Can you tell me how you solved it?
Gatsman 10 Jun, 2024

@Rollo71

Sorry for the very late reply. I used a normal text field and i added an attribute type=date to it.

Max_admin 12 Jun, 2024
Answer

You can set the Text field type in v8, and v8 has a new calendar field which should not have these issues

Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
Gatsman 17 Jun, 2024

@Max is there a way for a fix (something that we can do/edit) to stop the date DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY switch.

I can't go to v8 yet and much more prefer your calendar, if i can make it work, from the default browser type date.

Max_admin 18 Jun, 2024

You set the display format to MM/DD/YYYY but it still shows as DD/MM/YYYY ? v7 ?

Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
Gatsman 18 Jun, 2024

In v7 i set it to DD/MM/YYYY and i get MM/DD/YYYY

I got the Display Format to DD/MM/YYYY and the Real Format to YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss and i have even also added HTML Tag Attributes attributes data-dformat = DD/MM/YYYY with no luck.

Let's say we use the date 02/06/2024 as an example

If i select the date with the datepicker it will display correctly as 02/06/2024 that works as it should, but the minute i use the keyboard to change the year to 2025 it changes to 06/02/2025 MM/DD/YYYY

Also if i write the full date (02/06/2024) with the keyboard it set's it as 06/02/2024 MM/DD/YYYY

Here is a video i took doing exactly that (i did not refresh the page before using the form but trust me those are the settings i use):

https://streamable.com/ow9qbj

Notice that the minute i write 02 with the keyboard the datepicker focuses on February like it's expecting month first.

I have tried on localhost and multiple websites and 4-5 different PCs and different browsers, i have changed my PC's language and region and the browser's (Firefox) display language and date format display.

You need to login to be able to post a reply.