Forums

Email "Auto template" tab remain blank and the default code is no longer proposed.

Fritz 30 Mar, 2019
After the update to the version 6.0.27, my personalized email template has disappeared and I find the "Auto add fields data" option activated. I'm trying in every way to make the default code to make reappear so that it can be modified this (again!), but the fields on the "Auto template" tab remain blank. So I'm offered the only choice of "Auto add fields data" and the code is no longer proposed.
In the previous version I could have the code compiled and then modified. Now it is no longer possible.

Why this choice?

How can I review the code to be modified?
Max_admin 30 Mar, 2019
Hi Fritz,

You had content in the email body and it has disappeared ? did you save the form before you notice this or you still did not save it ?

Best regards
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
Fritz 31 Mar, 2019
[did you save the form before you notice this or you still did not save it ?]
Certainly. The module was working and I also did tests with my customer.

In the previous version I had modified the (automatic generated) form and exchanging two lines of this code; moving a field upwards. After this, I had set the auto composition to "manual" (NOT automatic) and saved. I had make many test with the customer and the new module was sended to his email with the new corrected line set. The "manual" form was correctly sended; also was this saved and archived in joomla.
In the previous version I could see the automatic generated code, I could disable the automatic creation and then proceed to modify the code. A simple change also for a newbie javascript programmer, as I.

But now the code is no longer offered. Why???
Fritz 31 Mar, 2019
This afternoon I recovered the previous backup and compared the two versions to understand what exactly is changed between the previous version 6.0.26 and the latest 6.0.27. Finally I found exactly the point that allowed me to modify the forms sent by chronoform.

Since some time is passed after the previous intervention, trying to understand why my previous modifications had disappeared, I realized that the point is not the one indicated in the previous posts but is in the "design" tab. (see screenshot)

Sorry! But the point is the same....
What the latest upgrade 27 has "ate", is the "template" part schedule. It was in this point that I had entered the manual code below.
Now it is no longer possible.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" class="ui table" width="100%">
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="30%"><strong>data arrivo</strong></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="70%">{data:arrival}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="30%"><strong>data partenza</strong></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="70%">{data:departure}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="30%"><strong>nr adulti</strong></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="70%">{data:persons}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="30%"><strong>nr bambini sotto i 4
anni</strong></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="70%">{data:children}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="30%"><strong>categoria camera</strong></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="70%">{data:room}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="30%"><strong>nome</strong></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="70%">{data:name_surname}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="30%"><strong>mail</strong></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="70%">{data:email}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="30%"><strong>tel cell</strong></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="70%">{data:telephone_or_mobile}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top" width="30%"><strong>commenti</strong></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="70%">{data:commenti}</td>
</tr>
</table>
chekwan 03 Apr, 2019
same with me..

Template tabs suddenly gone
Max_admin 03 Apr, 2019
Hi,

Ok, but what do you have the email body section ? are you using {section/template:one} ?

best regards
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Fritz 03 Apr, 2019
Forgive me, but I didn't understand what you mean. If you mean the third "Setup" tab, I'm attaching here the related screenshots.
Initially, I had thought of this section too, but in the previous version 6.0.26 I checked, the template personalization was been included in the second tab "Design" (which is no longer there).
healyhatman 03 Apr, 2019
He means in the body of the email action, put
{section/template:one}
If 'one' is the name of your section (under the Design tab)
Fritz 04 Apr, 2019
No, I did not use {section/template: one}. I attach two screenshots of the "Design" tab.
As I wrote above, the sections displayed in the Design tab are (in the new version) only two; in the previous version it was three. There was a section named: "Template".
So I ask why this "Template" section has now disappeared and how can I personalize the sended module.

Max_admin 04 Apr, 2019
Hi Fritz,

I'm asking what do you have in the Email > Body box in the old version ? or is it empty just like the new version ?

Best regards
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Fritz 07 Apr, 2019
The Email > Body box in the old version is empty.
I had only used the third tab: Design-> Template (see above).
I have recreated the screenshots of the old version, which I enclose again.

Max_admin 07 Apr, 2019
I can restore the "Template" area, but even when you have a template, it will not be included in the email without calling it, but you do not call it!
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Fritz 09 Apr, 2019
In the previous version I had done nothing but change the html code that was generate by chronoform.
As you can see in the screenshot (at the beginning of this thread), I simply removed the flag from the "auto generate on form save" box.
Nothing else. It worked without having to do anything else.
Max_admin 09 Apr, 2019
Answer
1 Likes
Hi Fritz,

Ok, the template is back on existing forms at the latest update!

Best regards
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Fritz 25 Apr, 2019
OK; thank you very much! I hope this change is appreciated by all users and not just adopted for my single request.
Max_admin 27 Apr, 2019
No problem, thank you for reporting it!

Best regards
Max
ChronoForms developer...
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.