Forums

German "umlaut" in email address

gcarne 11 Jan, 2016
Hi,
We have a German "umlaut" in our company email address info@logopädie-christ.de. The form cannot handle this and returns an error. I do not want to put in the international info@ xn--logopdie-christ-4kb.de which would work, but it looks ugly and would follow on in subsequents emails. Umlaut ä, ü and ö in the message text is ok though. Can I somehow make Chronoform to accept the German "umlaut" ä in the email address?
Rgds,
Gunnar
GreyHead 11 Jan, 2016
Hi Gunnar,

There is nothing in ChronoForms that will reject an umlaut - but some mail servers will. I just tested this with your address in the From address of a form and the form sent correctly (vias GMail) but when received the From address has been removed.

Bob
gcarne 11 Jan, 2016
Answer
1 Likes
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your quick reply. Mysterious are the ways. When I put the emai address in the ChronoForm as info@ xn--logopdie-christ-4kb.de it was somehow back-translated and came out with umlaut on the receiving server as well as in the follow-on forwarding and replying to other servers. In other words, PROBLEM SOLVED...without knowing why.

Rgds,
Gunnar
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.