Buy Now
Sign in

How to use the Delete toolbar?

goliath , June 25 2015
G
goliath
I use the _DELETE_ function in my CC listing. This works fine (the record is deleted).
Now I try to use the _TOOLBAR_DELETE_ in combination with the _SELECTOR_ function. I assumed that this button would delete the selected record, but nothing happens. So, what am I doing wrong?
G
goliath
Anyone?
admin
It should work too, do you have the latest update of CC installed ?
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
G
goliath
The installed version of ChronoConnectivity is 5.0.2
G
goliath
Anyone?
G
goliath
Anyone??
admin
Hi Geert,

There is a code version which you can use instead, its noted under the "Help" tab, please post a reply if you can't get it to work, you need to pass the action's name and that would be "delete".

Regards,
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!​
​Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
G
goliath
Hi Max

I think this is the code you mean:

$this->view->Toolbar->renderButton("button_id", "link_href", "TEXT", "image_path", "submit_selectors");

But I don't have any clue on what to fill in where?
admin
button_id: can be any thing, say "delete"
link_href: the link to your listing and add "&action=delete" to the end.
image_path: the link to the button's image if you need one.
Max
G
goliath
Hi Max

I don't need an image_path. The link to my listing is "index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity5&view=connection&Itemid=1322"

So I do the following:

I go to "Front List > List Display > Table"
In Footer code I put the following:

<?php $this->view->Toolbar->renderButton("delete", "index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity5&view=connection&Itemid=1322&action=delete", "Delete selection", "", "submit_selectors"); ?>

In the frontend I can't see anything. Not even a button.

If I put _TOOLBAR_DELETE_in the footer, I can see a delete button, but after selecting some records nothing happens when I click on it.
G
goliath
Anyone?
M
macgyver
I have exactly the same problem... Can't figure out how to solve it. I tried many things without any success.
admin
Hi,

Just tested this, do you have a search button in your header ? if you do then the button's name should not = "submit", when its, the toolbar buttons will not work.

Regards,
Max
Max
M
macgyver
Yes I have ! And that makes sense... Let me try...
M
macgyver
I renamed the search button and ... it works !
I'll not have got this on my own I think .

Thanks Max.