Buy Now
Sign in

[solved] Dynamic fields not all working?

SAGO , December 19 2013
S
SAGO
Hi,

Under 'Set up email' there is a 'Subject*' and then more below there are some dynamic fields like 'Dynamic Subject', 'Dynamic From Email' and of course others.

1) Why is there a * in subject field when you can use dynamic field?
I tried to use a couple of dynamic fields like this:

Dynamic From Email: {email_txt}
Dynamic Subject:[domain.com Contact] {subject_txt}

What happens is that I get a mail from 'Localhost admin <from@localhost.com>' with no subject if I don't fill in the 'Subject*'.

2) What does Email Label mean exactly? does this have something to do with subject? any example?

Thank you very much! Any help is appreciated!!!

Extra info:
Form Method: Post
Data Processing is set on no.
After submit: Both empty
S
SAGO
Hi,

Good news.
It seems that I need to use the fields without brackets

Maybe it would be good to put this under the field so people know.
And the * next is not necesary since I left it blank and used the field subject_txt for example. And this worked.

Thanks for this component and the hard work.

Cheers

ONE MORE QUESTION IF YOU DON'T MIND:
How do I use multiple fields in one dynamic fields.
For example in Dynamic From Name I want to show firstname_txt and lastname_txt with a space in between.
GreyHead
Hi SAGO,

You are correct that you don't need to use brackets for the boxes on the Dynamic tab. And, yes, it could be clearer; in my Email[GH] action there is only one tab that will accept either strings or input names in {} or combinations of them.

The Email label is just that - it puts a label on the action like 'Email to admin' or 'Email to user' (useful if you have several email actions in the same event) - it has nothing to do with the subject, or with the sending of the email.

Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much