Buy Now
Sign in

wsod php error model.php

vistech , February 26 2013
v
vistech

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host 'localhost:/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (3)
Fatal error: Call to a member function _prefixTable() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/domain-name.com/httpdocs/newsite/administrator/components/com_chronocontact/libs/model.php on line 52

I am in the process of migrating a site from 1.5 to 2.5 (hence /newsite/ subfolder) and wanted to try out the new chronocontact. I get this error on the component page.

v
vistech

Switching from 'localhost:/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' to 'localhost' as the server entry in global config fixed the wsod, although this should not be happening.

GreyHead

Hi vistech,

Glad to see you got it working. I'd expect that anything after localhost: would be treated as a port name - but I'm certainly not an expert here :-(

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

v
vistech

GreyHead:

Hi vistech,

Glad to see you got it working. I'd expect that anything after localhost: would be treated as a port name - but I'm certainly not an expert here :-(

Bob

I've never had any issues with any other component using a socket connection instead of port and that includes chronoforms. This must be a bug in chronocontact.

GreyHead

Hi Vistech,

As far as I know ChronoForms just uses the Joomla! DB class.

Ah, sorry just noticed that this is ChronoContact too. I've no idea how that works.

Bob

ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much

admin

Hi,

Switching from 'localhost:/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' to 'localhost' as the server entry in global config fixed the wsod

Which global config ? the Joomla global config ?

Thanks!
Max

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!

v
vistech

admin:

Hi,

Which global config ? the Joomla global config ?

Thanks!
Max

Yes

admin

Actually I didn't see a host string in this format before but will try to find a permanent solution.

Thanks!
Max

Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!

e
emi_100

I install ChronoForums on Joomla! 3.1.5 and I get this same error message:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host 'sql104.byetcluster.com:' (3)

GreyHead have no idea, what about you Admin?