After updating Chronoforms to v 5.0.9 the forms on the frontend stopped showing, it just shows the shortcodes of the forms instead.
When I try acessing the plugin, it displays the message "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.".
When I try to roll back to the previous version (using a plugin called rollback) it tells me the plugin doesn't exist.
I restored a backup, I hope you will be able to identify the source of the problem..
Please ask Max, the developer, using the Contact Us menu above and linking to this thread.
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
Done! Thanks for you fast reply.
I have exactly the same issue now with the latest version 5.0.15, and the link disappeared off of my admin panel menu. What was the resolution?
Got to take a trip down to memory lane, I've had this problem almost a year ago.
Digging into emails and incidents, I've done the following:
I contacted Max but ended up restoring the version 1.0.0., there were simply too much errors.
I've got a website with more than 100 forms which are used to generate leads (our main objective).. Some errors I experienced:
- Got an error 500 at the backend of Wordpress.
- When the forms started showing again the designs were skewed (not such a big problem, but still).
- Our leads are sent through REST API to our CRM, which stopped working.
- "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." error when trying to go to another page of forms on the backend.
Some possible solutions on the "you don't have sufficient permissions" error:
1. Make sure you have at set the PHP memory limit to at least 128MB, I ended up increasing it to 256MB.
2. If you can only see the first page of forms and the errors shows up after going to another page, don't use the paginization, instead set the amounts of forms/page to "All".
If these tips don't work, maybe Max could have a look for you, but he couldn't really come up with something when he was trying to help me but maybe he gained more insights the past year
Restoring old version
If he can't help you out, I'd recommend to continue with the outdated version, I don't like to do so, but updating was giving me too many headaches and the V1.0.0 is working fine:
In order to do so you just need to replace the Chronoforms plugin folder and purge cache, since there are no database changes between updates it's a fast, safe and easy process.
I'm sorry that I'm unable to help you with a definitive solution, but I hope it helps!
Max sent me a patch to fix this, but thanks for your ideas!
And thanks to Max!
2CheckOut.com Inc. (Ohio, USA) is an authorized retailer for goods and services provided by ChronoEngine.com