Forums

ChronoForms cannot create tables and insert data after being moved to a different host.

NabiXL 09 Mar, 2015
Hello, Please i need help. I developed my website using Joomla 3.3.6 running in wamp 2.4(Windows 8). I created my forms using
ChronoForms V5+Chronoconnectivity V5 and they were working just fine (submitting and retrieving data from the back-end database). Then i decided to move my website to a remote server(running windows server 2003+wamp 2.4) and that's when i encountered problems. The data was successfully
retrieved(loaded in dropdown list,tables) but;
1. When I'm trying to submit fresh details to the database,it displays a blank page.
2. I tried to create a new form but it resisted to save it.
3. I tried to create a table for an existing form,but it failed.
4. I tried to debug using Error Reporting functionality(maximum) but nothing happens.
Nothing happens at the back-end database(table creation+insertion) but data can be retrived.
GreyHead 10 Mar, 2015
Hi Greg9999,

Please see this FAQ. I suspect that the problem is that Microsoft SQL has some small differences in syntax that are breaking the DB Saves. IIRC there is an earlier thread about this in the forums here.

Bob
NabiXL 10 Mar, 2015
OK thanks Bob,will check it.
NabiXL 11 Mar, 2015
Hi Bob

I cant find the solution from the FAQ, they say i should set Error Reporting to Maximum but nothing happens. Now when i submit my data again, nothing happens(The form remains as it is). I tried to find the feature where I can change RELATIVE URL to No but i cant find it(in Chronoforms V5)

Thank You
GreyHead 11 Mar, 2015
Hi Greg9999,

The Relative URL setting in CFv5 is in the HTML (Render Form) action in the On Load event.

Tis does sound like database errors - but I don't understand why you are not seeing some error messages showing up that would confirm that (or not).

Bob
Max_admin 12 Mar, 2015
Hi,

Chronoforms doesn't work with MSSQL databases at the moment but I'm trying to get this fixed, however, most hosts use mySQL, are you sure that MSSQL is the one used on your website ?

Regards,
Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
NabiXL 12 Mar, 2015
Hi

Bob
Thanks for your response Sir,I am failing to understand the problem but I keep getting this error at the back-end(on the Web browser at the bottom) when I am trying to save the form;
"Object doest support this property or method
Index.php
Code:0
URI://localhost:****/ExtensionandTraining/administrator/index.php?=option=com_chronoforms5&act=edit&id21"

Max

Thank you Sir for your response,i moved my website from my personal laptop which is using MySQL in Wamp 2.4(64 bit) TO our server which is using MySQL in Wamp 2.4(32bit).But then it works well with Chronoconnectivity V5 because I am able to view my data stored in the mysql database and I am able to save the connection managers as well.

NB: During migration I changed ports
MySQL port:3306-->3307
Apache: 80-->8989

Thank You
Max_admin 12 Mar, 2015
Hi Greg,

Great, so what's your browser ? and do you have the latest CF update ?

Does the error stop the form from saving ?

Regards,
Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
NabiXL 12 Mar, 2015

Hi Greg,

Great, so what's your browser ? and do you have the latest CF update ?

Does the error stop the form from saving ?

Regards,
Max

I am using Internet Explorer 8(Server) and Google Chrome (in my personal laptop). I am not sure if its the latest CF update but i downloaded it around December/January.

Remote:When I try to submit data remotely(using Google Chrome),a blank page is displayed.
Local: When I try to submit data locally(localhost(server),Internet Explorer 8), the form stay as it is(even the input doesn't disappear,there is no error reported)

Yes!I believe the error is stopping the form from saving,nothing happens.

NB:The database is not updated.
NabiXL 13 Mar, 2015
Hi

I have solved the problem by upgrading my Chronoforms from V 5.0.3 To V 5.0.8. But now um not able to view my back-end data using Chronoconnectivity like i used to. It shows this error "Connection cannot be found", but I can see the list of the views i created on the connection Manager(Chronoconnectivity Page).Now I am confused because um only seeing "Connection View"(not my views) when i am expanding chronoconnectivity link(when creating menu item).
NabiXL 13 Mar, 2015
Answer
:D um sorry guys,i forgot that i have to write the name of my "view" in Connection's name under Options tab. Everything is working just fine. Thanks..
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.