Forums

Validation-Link

t.stewen 19 Dec, 2008
Hi,

I need your help... today i buy the version of ChronoForms.
But i need a function, witch i don't see anywhere.

Can i create an email with a validation link (like: klicke here to validate your email-adress) after sending the form?

Thanks
Tobias

Ps: Sorry for my bad english😉
GreyHead 19 Dec, 2008
Hi Tobias,

I'm not sure exactly what you need.

You can use the Joomla Registration Plugin to register new users and validate their emails.

Otherwise I think you'd need to write your own code to send a test email and look for a reply.

Bob
Max_admin 20 Dec, 2008
attached a form bak file which will do this😉
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
waQ 02 Jan, 2009
Hello,
I sending email to user about their registration details using CF and i want to insert an validation link in that email.
but i dont want to use defaul joomla email coz i cannot customize the email the way i want.

i there any clue how to insert a validation link in email using CF?
or i need to customize email send by default joomla registration?
note: im using joomla 1.5.7
GreyHead 02 Jan, 2009
Hi waQ,

The activation message template is defined in language/en-GB/en-GB.com_user.ini (or the equivalent for your laguage) at line 115
SEND_MSG_ACTIVATE=Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.\nTo activate the account click on the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:\n%s\n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s

You can edit this if you like. O rif you prefer not to change the core code you could edit the ChronoForms Joomla Registration plugin at com_chronocontact/plugins/cf_jooma_registration.php at line 251
			$message = sprintf ( JText::_( 'SEND_MSG_ACTIVATE' ), $name, $sitename, $siteURL."index.php?option=com_user&task=activate&activation=".$user->get('activation'), $siteURL, $username, $password);
You'll neeed to replace JText::_( 'SEND_MSG_ACTIVATE' ) with your custom code.

Remember that either of these fixes will need to be re-done if you upgrade Joomla or ChronoForms

Bob
waQ 02 Jan, 2009
Hi Bob,
thanks for reply..

your information is very useful but i cannot understand some matter..

from what i understand, if i change SEND_MSG_ACTIVATE in this file "language/en-GB/en-GB.com_user.ini" i need to use default joomla email send to user..

my objective: i want to build custom email in CF with activation link in that email
do i need to edit SEND_MSG_ACTIVATE in "com_chronocontact/plugins/cf_jooma_registration.php" to achieve my objective?

from what i know, the custom email build in CF is based on my form. but i want to put an activation link in my custom email.
how i can achieve that?
p/s:im little noob in using php😑

Thanks
waQ
GreyHead 02 Jan, 2009
Hi waQ,

What are you trying to do???

If you are a noob to PHP or Joomla then *don't* try to create a registration form from scratch. If you want a custom form then use the cf_joomla_registration plugin for ChronoForms.

If you do that then you will need to customise the PlugIn code (as I posted earlier) to change the email template.

Bob
waQ 02 Jan, 2009
Hi bob,

i think i will try and do it your way..
thanks for your help 🙂

rgds
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.