Cant save user id who modifies a record

Track which user modifies a record in ChronoForms V5.

Overview

In ChronoForms V5, the 'Create Table' option does not automatically generate a 'modified_by' column to store the ID of the user updating a record, unlike in V4.
Use the placeholder {user:id} within your form to capture the logged-in user's ID and store it in your table. Consider migrating to a newer version of ChronoForms for improved functionality.

Answered
ChronoForms v5
an angelmorales 06 Feb, 2021
Hi, I need to save the user id who updates a record , in chronoforms V4 when I create a table,there was a column name 'modified_by' that gets created automatically using choronorm's Forms Manger 'Create Table' option so then the id user who modifies a record saves in the column right the way, but in chronoforms V5,using the same option ,'Create Table', this column doesnt create automatically (modified_by) so I cant know who modifies the record I can only see the date and time when this happens (modified).
I tried to create the column (modified_by) in the table but It doesnt work, even if I select Forms Manger 'Delete Cache Option'.
At the beginning I though that the 'user_id' column will be updated with the user id who have modified the data,but it doesnt works like that, it always shows the user id who create the record.
Please Help.
​
Record created by user_id = 123
Cant save user id who modifies a record image 1
​
Cant save user id who modifies a record image 2
​
Then user_id=433 modifies the record, but in the column user_id = 123 still remains.
​
Cant save user id who modifies a record image 3
​
Cant save user id who modifies a record image 4
Max_admin Max_admin 14 Feb, 2021
Answer
{user:id} will get you the logged in user id in v6 and v7, can not really remember how was it in v5
Max, ChronoForms developer
ChronoMyAdmin: Database administration within Joomla, no phpMyAdmin needed.
ChronoMails simplifies Joomla email: newsletters, logging, and custom templates.
an angelmorales 16 Feb, 2021
Thanks, I think that V5 its done.
Thank you very much, I will migrate to V7.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.