Click n forum: HTTP 500 error

Ja JaVaDy 09 Apr, 2018
I installed ChronoForums in Joomla 3. Set all permissions on allowed, created a menu item and created a forum "Algemeen" with all permissions on allowed.
​
Via the menu item I enter the forums and select my created forum "Algemeen". In Chrome and IE the HTTP 500 error shows, in FireFox I get a blank screen.
​
I assume this is not how it should work. Why does it trigger the HTTP 500 error ? A waste of money ????
Gr GreyHead 10 Apr, 2018
Hi JaVaDy ,
​
Does the forum work if you access it directly and not through the menu item?
​
Do you see a more helpful error message if you temporarily set the Site Error Reporting to Maximum.
​
Bob
Ja JaVaDy 10 Apr, 2018
This is the complete error:
​
Notice: Undefined property: G2\L\View::$Breadcrumbs in/var/www/duniv-model.nl/www/html/components/com_chronoforums2/chronoforums/themes/default/views/breadcrumbs.phpon line7
​
Fatal error: Call to a member function render() on null in/var/www/duniv-model.nl/www/html/components/com_chronoforums2/chronoforums/themes/default/views/breadcrumbs.phpon line7
Ja JaVaDy 10 Apr, 2018
I took the condition part out of the php-file and now it seems to work.
​
Thanks for your tip !
Gr GreyHead 10 Apr, 2018
Hi JaVaDy,
​
Please see this thread - Max suggests there that installing the latest version of ChronoForms (not Forums) should fix this.
​
I think that is because doing so will update the CEGcore library to a later version than is currently included in the ChronoForums installer.
​
Bob
Ja JaVaDy 10 Apr, 2018
That's a creative way to sell extensions 🤣 I'd rather see them correct the core lib through an update of ChronoForums.
​
Jan
Gr GreyHead 10 Apr, 2018
Hi JaVaDy,
​
Me too - but the free version of CFV6 will work OK so there is nothing to pay.
​
Bob
tr trogladyte 12 May, 2018
Installing ChronoForms 6 (free) does NOT fix the issue. I get exactly the same issue that the OP has. Same errors (with error reporting in Joomla set to development).
pa paxx 14 May, 2018
Hi @trogladyte
​
Disable the "breadcrumbs" in Settings-> Display and the error should disappear.
Po PotatoGraphick 01 Jun, 2018
@paxx, this did in fact fix my issue, which is problematic, as I would like the breadcrumbs module operating.
​
Does anyone know a way to fix this issue?
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.