Buy Now
Sign in

A more informative "Saved Successfully" label?

rmpaolillo , March 24 2015, 04:24
rmpaolillo 75
March 24 2015, 04:24 #344881
Hi Max and Bob,

I have been using CCv5 and CFv5 together for a couple of months now.

When using both products together to list, view and edit (edit action) records I came across to a situation like the following:

when I edit a record with CFv5 and click on the Save button that redirects me to the CCv5 list/view I receive the message
"Saved Successfully". Is it possible to make this label more informative? i.e "Record #12 Saved Successfully".

Maybe there is already a workaround but I have not succeded to find any.

Thank you in advance.

Marco
Ruggiero Marco Paolillo
admin 33
April 02 2015, 20:12 #345401
 Answer
Hi Marco,

There is no automatic way to do this since the field you would want to display is not known to CC, but you can code it:

Use a "custom code" action before the "Connection action and use this code:

<?php
$session = \GCore\Libs\Base::getSession();
$session->setFlash('info', "Your message here...");

Regards,
Max
rmpaolillo 75
April 03 2015, 08:17 #345437
Hi Max,

that fully answers my question.

I just placed your code snippet in the "on submit" event in CFv5 (connection action) and it works as expected. No doubt 'bout it .

The more I use CCv5 the more I realize it has been worth investing my time on it. (I have used extensively CFv3, CCv3 and CFv4 (not CCv4...sorry) in the past and I knew that you would come out with another great piece of work)

Maybe, "GCore PHP framework" should be more documented on your site http://www.chronocms.com. I think that most of users questions, like this one, would have been solved with a better understanding of what is happening behind the scenes.

Regards.

Marco
Ruggiero Marco Paolillo
admin 33
April 03 2015, 08:51 #345440
Hi Marco,

Great, I will try to add more documentation or examples for the framework when the time permits, currently there are many tasks in the queue!

Regards,
Max