Buy Now
Sign in

Image resize on upload

benjime , September 20 2011, 18:49
B
benjime 1
September 20 2011, 18:49 #104328
Hi, i'm currently running 4.0 RC1.9 - and i'm trying to get the image uploaded to be resized before it sends it in an email - at the moment a full image could be over 2mb and an old version of chronoforms managed to resize this to under 100kb and attach it to an email. is this possible with new version? if so could you let me know how to do it please? many thanks for a super product. Ben.
GreyHead 65
September 20 2011, 19:26 #104334
Hi Ben,

The Resize Image plugn in CFv3 was written by a user and so far hasn't been upgraded to CFv4 :-( It's on a very long 'to-do' list of mine.

You can do the same thing by custom coding it; alternatively you could just put a link into the email and let the user click that to see the full image? Not ideal but simple to do.

Bob
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
D
Dinosrules 11
October 09 2011, 00:12 #106192
Hi all,

I wanted to share my experience with you, just in case somebody else needs to create thumbnails or different picture sizes for their projects. After fighting with google and joomla extensions directory with no luck, I found a php script that it's magic for my project.

It is called Smart Image Resizer. What I like is that it's really simple and very powerful. You can create unlimited sizes from the original image, croped or with maintained aspect ratio, choose quality for each, etc. Be sure to download the latest, it is called: SLIR 2.0

The php script can be found here: http://shiftingpixel.com/2008/03/03/smart-image-resizer/.
GreyHead 65
October 09 2011, 10:25 #106215
Hi Dinosrules,

Looks very useful, thank you.

Bob
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much