Buy Now
Sign in

'Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::' Errors...

revive , November 23 2008, 15:43
R
revive 111
November 23 2008, 15:43 #17861
Hey Guys,
Just installed a copy of a remote site on our MAMP server to do a 'rebranding' and I am getting these errors:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/**domain_name***/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 96
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$sectionid in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/**domain_name***/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 120
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$catid in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/**domain_name***/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 120
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/**domain_name***/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 120
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/**domain_name***/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 96
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$sectionid in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/**domain_name***/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 120
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$catid in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/**domain_name***/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 120
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/**domain_name***/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 120

I have error reporting set to max, Yes, they do go away when set to simple, but I would like to dig in and find out why these errors are being thrown..
Any thooughts??

INFO:

Running CC v1.2 Express Install. Had same issue with fresh localhost site using CC v1.2 Express Install so I deleted and re-installed the stand alone plugin and it worked for that site.. didn't for this one.
J
admin 28
November 23 2008, 17:24 #17863
Hi revive,

I guess these errors appear only at the frontpage or blog pages ?

Regards
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
R
revive 111
November 23 2008, 18:03 #17870
Hey Max,

Yes, that is correct... any thoughts?
admin 28
November 23 2008, 18:43 #17874
Hi revive, this has been fixed here before, look for the error i think and you should find the fix, let me know if you couldn't find it!

Regards
Max
Max
If your main question got answered then please mark the answer using the button!
Please let us know if you have any problems with the new forums text editor, we appreciate your feedback!
R
revive 111
November 23 2008, 19:32 #17878
Hey Max,
I already search the forums and the errors I found that were similar weren't exactly the same.. that is why I posted
Do you have a link to the solution or a recommendation?
J
admin 28
November 23 2008, 22:46 #17881
Hi JC,

check my fix here:
http://www.chronoengine.com/forums/index.php?option=com_chronoforums&cont=posts&f=17&t=11476#p16338

instead of this fix try to add:

if(!($id || $catid || $sectionid))return;

let me know.

Regards
Max
Max
R
revive 111
November 24 2008, 14:08 #17902
Hey Max,
ok, I did as the post said and opened plugins/content/ChronoComments.php

But mine does not have this code anywhere in it:

if((JRequest::getVar('option') == 'com_newsfeeds')||(JRequest::getVar('option') == 'com_contact'))return;

Ideas??
admin 28
November 24 2008, 18:50 #17907
Hi JC,

Add it after this line:
global $mainframe, $addChronoCommentscripts;

Regards
Max
Max
R
revive 111
November 25 2008, 02:43 #17941
Hey Max,

What I'm saying is that my plugins/content/ChronoComments.php DOESN'T have that line.. so how can I add your line of code below it??
admin 28
November 25 2008, 11:31 #17959
Hi JC,

add this :

if(!$row->id)return;

after

global $mainframe;

let me know!

Regards,
Max
Max
R
revive 111
November 25 2008, 16:06 #17985
No change.. same error codes..

:-/
admin 28
November 25 2008, 21:30 #18014
Hi JC,

of which menu type is this page ? I can't generate these error here!

Regards
Max
Max
admin 28
November 25 2008, 22:24 #18037
Max
R
revive 111
November 26 2008, 04:20 #18052
Hey Max,

It shows on a std article menu item, as well as a section blog page..
I found, don't know why my search didn't work the last few times, the $global mainframe item, see code from below:

It shows a total of 5 times:

Line 16:   global $mainframe, $addChronoCommentscripts;
Line 108:   global $mainframe;
Line 153:   global $mainframe;
Line 290:   global $mainframe;
Line 335:   global $mainframe;

After which line shown above show I insert:

if(!$row->id)return;
admin 28
November 26 2008, 21:34 #18095
the first one!
Max
R
revive 111
November 27 2008, 05:57 #18135
Ok, inserted as directed.. still get these errors:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 98
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 109
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 98
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 109

When at first I got these errors:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$sectionid in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 122
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$catid in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 122
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 122
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$sectionid in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 122
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$catid in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 122
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php on line 122
GreyHead 64
November 27 2008, 09:45 #18141
Hi Max and revive,

I just updated to the latest download and noticed that the previos version had a line at the start of plgContentChronocomments() to check that $row->id was valid. It was something like
if ( !is_object($row) || !isset($row->id) || $row->id == "" ) return;
That check doesn't seem to appear in the latest version.

Bob

PS It's quite possible that's a line of code that I added in my local installation but have forgotten about :-(
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
R
revive 111
November 27 2008, 09:59 #18146
Hey Bob,
Great to hear from you... can you give me a play-by-play on what file and how to make this adjustment??

Thanks
admin 28
November 27 2008, 10:24 #18150
Hi Bob,

Well, I can't remember this line or why it has been removed but may be we can try now again!

@revive, it goes just under the function start! Let us know!

Regards
Max
Max
R
revive 111
November 27 2008, 10:34 #18155
Ok, here is how I implemented it, please let me know if it is correct

function plgContentChronocomments( &$row, &$params, $page=0 )
{ if ( !is_object($row) || !isset($row->id) || $row->id == "" ) return;
  global $mainframe, $addChronoCommentscripts;

It cleared the errors on the blog pages, but there is still an error on the article itself,.
Notice: Undefined property: ContentViewArticle::$item in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/templates/sanidine/html/com_content/article/default.php on line 49

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/matlockfun/templates/sanidine/html/com_content/article/default.php on line 49