Buy Now
Sign in

I have a weird one for you..........

treehugger , November 15 2008, 09:31
T
treehugger 11
November 15 2008, 09:31 #17189
I'm not sure if this is a Joomla or Chronoforms issue so if this is in the wrong place please forgive me.
OK - so I'm no stranger to Joomla - I'm on my 7th Joomla site now and I've never come across this problem before and it has me rather perplexed. I'm hoping someone will have knowledge of this and can give me the magic solution.

I am using J 1.5.7 in legacy mode, the site is almost completed and I've had no problems what-so-ever.
Yesterday I went to upload some images, only media manager wasn't letting me - when I click on "Browse files" nothing happens. Not a problem - I can just upload them via my FTP.
Which I did. Only when I go to place them in an article I can see them listed in the images folder but when I insert them all that shows up is an image of the file name!!
Example
treehugger_is_ace.jpg
But it has been treated as an image!!
Strange huh!
I also noticed that it doesn't show the image dimension in the upload section.
All images that were uploaded before yesterday work fine and dandy like they should.
The only changes I have made since uploading images successfully is to have installed the Chronoforms component.
So I uninstalled this but the problem is still there!!!

I am completely stumped so if anyone can offer some advice I will be extremely grateful.
admin 30
November 16 2008, 22:47 #17262
Hi treehugger,

I really have no idea, well, I did have a similar issue recently with some site but I uploaded with FTP and ignored it, didn't have time to look why too!

Regards
Max
T
treehugger 11
November 18 2008, 15:20 #17369
I have sussed it out but I don't know why this is the solution or even what the problem was caused by in the first place!
It's just all very strange - maybe a bug or something but I can't believe no-one else has reported a similar problem before now.
Even though the images I was trying to use were of the .jpg file extension I had to manually type in the .jpg locally and then upload them.
I hope I'm explaining myself well. I posted the same query over at joomla.org and have had a few responses. Someone saying that they have the same problem and someone else saying it is an error in template file - which I'm not convinced about because, as I said - this problem only started happening a couple of days ago and I have been working on this site for weeks.

Weirder and weirder huh!
admin 30
November 18 2008, 22:07 #17440
Hi treehugger,

and it happens in the admin side, why should it be a template issue, well, did you try to use a different browser ? I didn't!

Regards
Max
T
treehugger 11
November 18 2008, 22:28 #17444
I didn't try a different browser, no.
admin 30
November 19 2008, 10:53 #17492
well, all my browse buttons not working any more just found this:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=433&t=339510

http://docs.joomla.org/Flash_uploader_and_Flash_10

seems that's it until they add another solution!
T
treehugger 11
November 19 2008, 17:46 #17538
Onwards ad upwards hey!