Buy Now
Sign in

Design question

xendex , September 10 2008, 11:57
X
xendex 9
September 10 2008, 11:57 #13089
I can't find the right file to change the position of the link "Read {n} comments" from left to right and also where to change the BBcode view from buttons to images like .
Thanks in advance!
admin 32
September 10 2008, 18:42 #13107
Hi xendex,

the Read n comments is just appended to the article content, you can add some div around it and make float right in the language files, not in the comments files itself!

Regards
Max
X
xendex 9
September 11 2008, 06:44 #13151
Can you discribe more in more detail where to add the divs(in plugin ChronoComments.php?). I tried to realize how to do this by myself, but didn' get any result...
Some example, please!
P.S. And what about buttons?
Thanks in advance!
admin 32
September 11 2008, 12:47 #13166
Hi xendex,

somewhere in the language file there is the Read {n} comments, replace it with <div class="someclass">Read {n} comments</div> then do you style!

buttons are in templates/comment-elements.html.php file, just edit them there!

Regards

Max
X
xendex 9
September 11 2008, 13:48 #13180
Thanks a lot, Max! Now I just got what I needed!
D
D-O-M 4
September 11 2008, 19:54 #13217
Max, I would ask how to get Read {n} comments to line with author name or written by for instance. I have looked to component's Chronocomments.php, where some lines with that Read {n} comments input are, but struggled hard to smuggle them into following code in related com_content's view files:

<?php if (($this->item->params->get('show_author')) && ($this->item->author != "")) : ?>
<tr>
  <td width="100%" valign="top" colspan="2">
    <span class="small"> |
      <?php JText::printf( ($this->item->created_by_alias ? $this->item->created_by_alias : $this->item->author) ); ?> |
      <?php if ($this->item->params->get('show_create_date')) : ?><?php echo JHTML::_('date', $this->item->created, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2')); ?> |
</span>
</tr>

Your help'll be appreciated.
admin 32
September 12 2008, 04:38 #13226
Hi DOM,

so you want the Read comments to be at the top of the article in blog view only ?

I think that you will need to comment this line at the plugin file :

return str_replace("{n}", count($blogcomments), $language);

add instead :

$row->created_by .= str_replace("{n}", count($blogcomments), $language);

test it ?
D
D-O-M 4
September 12 2008, 07:50 #13244
Thanks for quick response. I tried that, but it was replacing date of content, so in that view file I added:
<?php JText::printf( ($this->item->ncomments) ); ?>

and in Chronocomments.php used ncomments instead of created_by.

I don't know how much is that "ncomments" row decorous or correct, but it works now. If this can be used like that, it's solved and then once again thank you.
admin 32
September 12 2008, 11:22 #13252
well, great its working for you, these things always need testing and I didn't test, but I guess that there is some other way to do it without editing the content view!

Regards

Max