Buy Now
Sign in

Disappointed with Chronoforms 7

indieben , November 22 2020, 20:26
I
indieben 142
November 22 2020, 20:26 #394990
I'm very disappointed with Chronoforms 7. I can't really see the business model here for how many things are found wanting.
As with Version 6, I've been told to hard code sections to morph into Version 7. Only, the type of people who are going to use Chronoforms are not the type of people to hard code. That, rather defeats the object.
I have attempted to create a smart contact form that can determine the Email address to send a form to from a drop down (and in some cases a, second drop down, relating to the first).
I have messaged the admin and I have been told to write PHP blocks to input in an action. Now, if I could hard code, I'd pay someone to hard code my forms from scratch and not pay Chronoforms. If I was a larger organisation, I'd employ a PHP coder to do the job from scratch or have a development team to do the job for me.
I find it distasteful that the new version has been released too early (again) without being fully CSS compliant such that it is barely usable on a mobile device, that a user manual has not been released alongside the launch (money grabbing) and then admin tells people to go and pay extra.
I
indieben 142
November 22 2020, 22:12 #394994
Why has this been moved into Questions and Answers? It's feedback. I guess to avoid it being seen. I'm now seriously considering posting this as feedback in the Joomla Extensions Directory now.
GreyHead 65
November 23 2020, 10:48 #395001
Hi indieben,
I believe I moved it from the ChronoFORUMS forum where it was less likely to be seen into the ChronoForms forum here.
I also deleted the multiple duplicate posts that you made.
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
D
different_greyhead 100
December 08 2020, 22:42 #395224
Hi Indieben,
You seem a little confused. I think its worth noting a few things.
The Chrono Engine team has been providing FREE use of their tool for over a decade, a restricted model was overdue and is under priced for the work they have done.
You are wrong. I can write HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL and some Java and I use Chronoforms and Joomla. This is because there are many other things a website needs besides forms or forums...... like a lot of code. Using tools like Joomla and Chronoforms cuts down the amount of coding that needs to be done, allowing for a more efficient development process. Truth be told, It sounds like you are not qualified to be doing the work you are trying to do.
I did not see your original post, I know for me, a kind request for assistance in the appropriate forums yields my desired outcome.
"Now, if I could hard code, I'd pay someone to hard code my forms from scratch and not pay Chronoforms. If I was a larger organisation, I'd employ a PHP coder to do the job from scratch or have a development team to do the job for me."
OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T CODE........You could not get 20 min of my time as a dev for what you paid for Chrono Engine. (Do you see how ridiculous your statement is?)
Agreed it was released prior to perfection......The older versions are still available for those who do not want to contribute to this release. I knew how to use CF4, CF5 and CF6 and still chose to use CF7 understanding it is new and will have bugs. I had a bug preventing me from completing my project but Max not only assured me of an update and followed through but he also followed up to see if the update resolved my issue, and it did. A bug free application requires extensive testing......With this new model it is likely that there will be more money to pay for things like further bug testing.
Best of luck, I would take a somewhat kinder approach if you want assistance. Search the forums, if you can't find a solution, ask your question in the forums, not via PM. Be sure to take screen shots of your issue and make sure they include the debug data. Making threats to damage someones reputation in an effort to get them to help you is not likely to work, folks like me will speak up.
healyhatman 9
December 09 2020, 05:35 #395225
Pretty sure this is the same guy that complained that the CFv6 Google Maps address autocomplete should be able to handle API keys from any mapping service he puts in.
EDIT: yep, same guy. https://www.chronoengine.com/forums/posts/t106322/address-lookup#p381296
Web developer at SkySpider.com.au - I DO NOT work for ChronoEngine!
Donations: paypal.me/healyhatman
Professional Work: kamron@skyspider.com.au
Custom CF / CC Plugins and Extensions: skyspider.com.au/store
I
indieben 142
February 03 2021, 08:46 #395826
This thread doesn't even need a reply. People can see for themselves.
healyhatman 9
February 03 2021, 08:55 #395827
Go make your own form builder if you hate it so much
Web developer at SkySpider.com.au - I DO NOT work for ChronoEngine!
Donations: paypal.me/healyhatman
Professional Work: kamron@skyspider.com.au
Custom CF / CC Plugins and Extensions: skyspider.com.au/store