Buy Now
Sign in

AcyMailing+ Chronoforms6 first and last name on same field loop when form submitted

deltafidesign , May 21 at 07:21
D
deltafidesign
As described in title, I have a form that uses a checkbox to subscribe the user to a specific acymailing list when checked using a CURL action.
I have a field "name". If I fill the field name with a single word (example: Dylan) and I check the subscription to the newsletter, the form is correctly sent out and the user is subscribed to the newsletter, meanwhile if I fill the form with a name as "Dylan Dog", for example, then the form goes to loop when I submit it.
What's wrong? How could I solve it?
Thanks in advance.
GreyHead
Hi deltafidesign ,
What exactly do you mean by 'goes to loop'? Have you got some serverside validation that doesn't allow spaces in the data?
Bob
ChronoForms technical support
If you'd like to buy me a coffee or two, thank you very much
D
deltafidesign
Hi Bob,
not sure about that. Should I ask that to my hosting provider?
GreyHead
Hi deltafidesign ,
It would be in the form validation I think. There needs to be something that stops 'Dylan Dog' but allows 'DylanDog'
Bob
D
deltafidesign
Hi Bob, I didn't find anything in my form such you suggested. Any other idea?
GreyHead
Hi deltafidesing,
What exactly do you mean by 'goes to loop'?
Bob
D
deltafidesign
I click on for submit, then the form starts to process the request and I see the loader (circle spinning). The loader goes on and on... finally after much time it redirects me to the page I've setted for the redirect but no user is added to the newsletter. Meanwhile if I just fill in the name field with a single word, when I click on form submission button, then the form start to process and the loader (circle spinning) stays only for few seconds, then I'm redirected to the redirection page setted in the form and the user is added to the list.
GreyHead
Hi deltafidesign,
I've still no idea why the space in the name should make any difference. It's not something that I have seen before :-(
Please take a Form Backup using the icon in the Forms Manager and post it here and I'll take a closer look.
Bob
D
deltafidesign
Here is the form, thanks.
The content here is visible only for authorized users.
GreyHead
Hi deltafidesign,
Normally you can just attach the cf_bck file to your post, I've never seen the inside of one before.
Looking at that I suspect the problem is with the cURL URL - it looks as if you are adding options directly to the URL
https://www.medicalseb.it/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=sub&task=optin&hiddenlists=1&user[name]={data:nome}&user[email]={data:email}
If you are then a space in the name will break the URL. You either need to URL encode the values there or, better use the Data Provider and/or Data Override boxes.
Bob
D
deltafidesign
Thanks for reply Bob. I don't know what to do about what you suggested. Can you gime me a step by step explanation?
D
deltafidesign
Sorry for UP, any suggestion?
GreyHead
Hi deltafidesign,
Please try using the base URL in the URL to connect to box of the cURL actio:
https://www.medicalseb.it/index.php
and then add the query string entries in the Data override box
option:com_acymailing​
​ctrl:sub​
​task:optin​
​hiddenlists:1​
​user[name]:{data:nome}​
​user[email]:{data:email}
Bob
D
deltafidesign
Hi Bob, I've tested your solution. The form is fired out but no user is created in Acymailing list.
What's wrong?
GreyHead
Hi deltafidesign ,
Please drag a Debugger action into the On Submit event, then submit the form and copy and paste the debug results here.
Bob
D
deltafidesign
This is the debug response:
GreyHead
Hi deltafidesign,
The url_encoded query string looks OK to me but the base url gives a 404 message.
I see you are seeing a 404 message back from the server. I see the same if I copy and paste the URL in my browser because there are some hidden characters at the end. I'm not sure if they are in the URL you have entered or just a result of the forum copy and paste which is a bit odd.
Please re-enter the URL and see if you still get a 404 message in the cURL results, that is clearly part of the problem here.
Bob
D
deltafidesign
Hi Bob,
not sure about the URL you copied and pasted in your browser and what you mean with "hidden characters". I can tell you that the debug gives me this about the query:
And all those characters are not a result of forum copy and paste.
Please let me know if I can do anything else to let you help me
H
healyhatman
He's saying there are non printing characters, as in characters you can't see that are causing the error. Google "view non printing characters" and paste the URL in there to see them, remove them, and try again.
Web developer at SkySpider.com.au
I don't work for ChronoEngine but I do accept donations paypal.me/healyhatman
D
deltafidesign
The only non-printing character I could find should be the space between first and last name that in my example is "tester+tester", where the plus sign is the space. I've tested anyway without a space in the name but I got the same issue. No user is added to the list.